As seen in my image below from my overview of starting this new painting (Fantasy Walk), I’ve begun painting in the figure – yeah, I don’t plan leaving her standing on one leg, lol! 😊
Though I was tempted to leave the ghost overlay impression from before ( I actually kinda like the way it looks) that may have to wait for another project. Right now I’m determined, for better or worse, to develop a fuller larger size image onto a 16×20 canvas, with watercolor, much as I did with “Testing the Water” below (with acrylics, also 16×20) about a month ago.
The figure in the acrylic above, I think, dominates more than this newer one will in this new watercolor effort. But I don’t really know, and won’t know until it’s done. I do think I’m integrating the figure in this new watercolor into the surrounding color landscape more harmoniously. But whether it will blend in a whole lot more, or still be more the focal point, I don’t know yet.
I’ve done paintings where the figure either fit seamlessly into the whole image —
Or, where the whole image’s energy seemed to emerge from and surround the figure into a whole – a unity from the figure, vs a unity of figure and milieu.
It’s an interesting question theoretically, and an interesting – not exactly dilemma – but at the least a question of direction.
The question for me is – how much do I direct the direction, how much do I follow the direction developing, and honestly, at this point, I’m swimming in the tide, floaties on my arms, the shore in sight, and trusting that’ll be enough at this point 😊
I guess if I’m gonna figure on figuring out figures – for me – I better keep on painting!
Keep exploring everyone!! Bound to lead us to somewhere good! ♥️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “light molding paste” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
- June 28, 2022 – Record # of 100 Degree Days in June. Then it Rained….This evening ( Monday, June 27, 2022 ) here in Austin, we broke the all-time record for number of days 100 degrees or more – and – the clouds and rain and cooler air swept through and we dared open the blinds and step outside before 10 pm, lol!
- June 27, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyLast week my most viewed image on Fine Art America was an Austin sunset image ( circa 2017 ) and this week a recent 2021 early am summer shot, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” – an image I captured in the greenbelt on the Violet Crown trail 😊
- June 26, 2022 – Sending Me Memories : A Grandchild in #ParisI know that look, I know that stance, and I know that view 💕 Our youngest grandchild and his mom are spending a few days in Paris, and who can’t resist making a stop at the Louvre? I know Sheila and I couldn’t when we were there, lol!
- June 25, 2022 – Aging Gracefully : A Spot of Oasis in My Life From the Heat OutsideThough we again went out in the morning for chores, and held them down to groceries and some exercise, the heat finally got to me today.
- June 24, 2022 – Aging Gracefully : Doing Chores, Exercises, Eating Well and Hanging in There in 100+ Degree HeatIt’s a minute to ten, past my bedtime for all practical purposes, lol! But had to get this short post out so ya’ll will know us 70+ year olds ( wife & I ) are – so far – successfully pacing through a 2nd month of all time record high temps here in Austin.
- June 23, 2022 – El Marisquero Seafood – 1st Time Eating Outside in a Texas Summer in Decades! #FoodTruck #EastAustinThough I definitely can’t make it a habit, having a great tasting lunch break “outside” in the middle of the day in 100+ degree weather here in Austin was more than bearable – actually a pleasure!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊