As seen in my image below from my overview of starting this new painting (Fantasy Walk), I’ve begun painting in the figure – yeah, I don’t plan leaving her standing on one leg, lol! 😊
Though I was tempted to leave the ghost overlay impression from before ( I actually kinda like the way it looks) that may have to wait for another project. Right now I’m determined, for better or worse, to develop a fuller larger size image onto a 16×20 canvas, with watercolor, much as I did with “Testing the Water” below (with acrylics, also 16×20) about a month ago.
The figure in the acrylic above, I think, dominates more than this newer one will in this new watercolor effort. But I don’t really know, and won’t know until it’s done. I do think I’m integrating the figure in this new watercolor into the surrounding color landscape more harmoniously. But whether it will blend in a whole lot more, or still be more the focal point, I don’t know yet.
I’ve done paintings where the figure either fit seamlessly into the whole image —
Or, where the whole image’s energy seemed to emerge from and surround the figure into a whole – a unity from the figure, vs a unity of figure and milieu.
It’s an interesting question theoretically, and an interesting – not exactly dilemma – but at the least a question of direction.
The question for me is – how much do I direct the direction, how much do I follow the direction developing, and honestly, at this point, I’m swimming in the tide, floaties on my arms, the shore in sight, and trusting that’ll be enough at this point 😊
I guess if I’m gonna figure on figuring out figures – for me – I better keep on painting!
Keep exploring everyone!! Bound to lead us to somewhere good! ♥️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “light molding paste” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
- November 06, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Arc de ( d’Nuit ) Triomphe Poster ” : Image Circa 2012, Poster 2017Once again one of my poster designs was my most viewed image from among my listings for prints and gifts on Fine Art America….
- October 30, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Volleyball Kill Poster” : circa 1994 ( writing ) / 2021 ( poster design )Another of my sayings / posters made it as my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America this past week, Volleyball Kill, which I wrote in the early 90s….
- October 24, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Danseur en Bleu” : circa 2022Quite an unexpected treat to see my newest painting, Danseur en Bleu, it’s 1st week on Fine Art America, be my most viewed of my images for the past week!
- October 23, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 9 – #Inflation and Our 2022 Mid-Term Election to Keep/Improve Our #Democracy…while true that any price guidelines / control can be a slippery slope, we also already know price gouging has easily done slipped-slid-and-sunk into its own quicksand of problems….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊