I’m sensing a strong pattern right now in any of my work with masking fluid involved – ie, nice image with my paint overlay over the masking fluid, and a differing yet pleasing picture emerges.
I continue to be concerned though, because I’m liking my painting overlays incrementally more each time. Though somewhat messy in low resolution, and the revealed maskless-fluid much to my liking, the higher res / real life pre-masking fluid removed image, felt really nice. Flush. Soft.
Yet, looking at both versions side by side below, I’m happy with the masking fluid-less 2nd version. Yes, I miss “things” from the 1st rendition (esp the lower foliage between the two trees), but feel I gained a significant sense of dappled light. Plus places on portions of the new surface have a differing sense of plushness and softness, interspersed with striplings of dappled sensations (esp on the figure, incl her cap, and on the deeper blue and green colors left and right of the figure).
My concern is, not if, but when will I regret using the masking fluid?
And will it be a one-off, a learning-how-to-use the application of masking fluid differently, or something else I haven’t come head to head with yet, for good or for bad? Like maybe a better developed intuitive or even calculated sense of where to apply my masking fluid.
I don’t know. Not yet anyways. And not yet on another figure painting in progress either, larger, a 16×20, on canvas on light molding paste – just hoping it continues to come out as well as it’s doing right now.
Meanwhile, I’m letting v2 of this newer work sit so I can visually think on it a bit. Hoping to be able to show you that one soon 😊
Stay well everyone!
Enjoy the conundrums and contradictions! In creative work they’re called opportunities, though often prefixed with a colorful term or two ☺️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “Morisot” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 21, 2022 – Sheila & I Are Attending 2 Gallery Openings Today! #PrimalGalleryDS #AustinArtSpaceSheila and I are off to a busy fun art-openings day that include some of my art at two local galleries today – AVAA’s Austin Art Space, and Primal Gallery in nearby Dripping Springs!
- May 20, 2022 – Will My New #Austin #Photography Poster, Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Join My Austin Pink Sunset Photo and Lou Neff Digital Art Poster in Sales?The question itself, whether Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt will match or join my currently selling best prints, is a question more of hope and companionship for my image of a truly usually bright spot in Austin, the system of greenbelts preserving the water that makes living here even possible ❤️
- May 19, 2022 – Hardest / Best Part of My Strength Class Recently – Releasing Myself a SmileIt’s nearing 8pm and I’m trying to apply an exercise lesson our online SilverSneakers instructor, Michelle, brought up a few times today – smile 😊
- May 18, 2022 – Places In or Near Austin Texas You Can See and Buy My Prints ( Art and Photography ) #PrimalGallery #OldBakery&EmporiumPrints have consistently out-sold my originals if for no other reasons than they are less expensive and usually have more items to choose from. Not bad reasons at all 😊 What I want to do now though is, begin to –
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊