I’m sensing a strong pattern right now in any of my work with masking fluid involved – ie, nice image with my paint overlay over the masking fluid, and a differing yet pleasing picture emerges.
I continue to be concerned though, because I’m liking my painting overlays incrementally more each time. Though somewhat messy in low resolution, and the revealed maskless-fluid much to my liking, the higher res / real life pre-masking fluid removed image, felt really nice. Flush. Soft.
Yet, looking at both versions side by side below, I’m happy with the masking fluid-less 2nd version. Yes, I miss “things” from the 1st rendition (esp the lower foliage between the two trees), but feel I gained a significant sense of dappled light. Plus places on portions of the new surface have a differing sense of plushness and softness, interspersed with striplings of dappled sensations (esp on the figure, incl her cap, and on the deeper blue and green colors left and right of the figure).
My concern is, not if, but when will I regret using the masking fluid?
And will it be a one-off, a learning-how-to-use the application of masking fluid differently, or something else I haven’t come head to head with yet, for good or for bad? Like maybe a better developed intuitive or even calculated sense of where to apply my masking fluid.
I don’t know. Not yet anyways. And not yet on another figure painting in progress either, larger, a 16×20, on canvas on light molding paste – just hoping it continues to come out as well as it’s doing right now.
Meanwhile, I’m letting v2 of this newer work sit so I can visually think on it a bit. Hoping to be able to show you that one soon 😊
Stay well everyone!
Enjoy the conundrums and contradictions! In creative work they’re called opportunities, though often prefixed with a colorful term or two ☺️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “Morisot” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA, Pixels) – https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/
SO COOL!!! She’s wonderful & the light is lovely!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Oh so glad you like this! The girl and the light – this is a fun pic for me ❤️