I’ve expected to do variations of colors I liked and find them interesting how similar and yet also how different, when the paint is dry and the textures are set, they might end up to be.
My two ( three? ) greens have particularly been like that, so much so that, with the exception of one work with the color Titan Green Pale, included as a sample of series works in progress recently, I still haven’t posted any – still working out when I’ll feel I’m done.
Pink, it appears ( literally! ) is going the same way. Reddish pinks, pale pinks, streaked pinks, lol! I like them all. But I can tell I’ve yet to get a full handle on it, pink that is.
Blues I expected, being I like blue so much and have experienced painting so many varied blues. Reds even, fiery to calm – I also expected that.
I know I love pink.
My wife, I’ve told her often for over 40 years now, is pink ☺️
So despite my surprise, that I’ve only begun to get a handle on handling pink pigment, painting / splashing / spattering it across my canvases – I’m very glad it’s do 😊
Meanwhile, here’s my one line description for this art work on it’s page at Fine Art America reads —
Below, here on my WordPress site, ’cause of my setting, is a reduced but still pretty good up-close detail look at a small section. The surface is thick, rising / splotching in sweeps of color that, from even a short distance, blend into swoops and sky and suggestions only you might see 💕
Pink, as a color choice, and of work I’m producing, seems to have an attraction.
That’s good, real good!
Especially since I’ve been working on several variations using the color pink, in addition to my very popular 12×24 inch color field, Pink Impressionist Abstract 1, and to this new upload, Pink Vortex — two new 24×36 inch acrylics on canvas. I’ve some touching up ( maybe ) to do on them. Actually, just sitting on them, watching them, feeling what they say to me. And between the two of us, the paintings and myself 😊 listening to see if they’re done and ready to show the world 💕 If so, hopefully I’ll be posting them soon too!
Stay well everyone! ☺️ ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
- May 14, 2022 – My 1st Classical Stretch Workout with Miranda Esmonde-White ( via YouTube ) in Many Months!Though similar to SilverSneakers’ classes, Miranda’s classes focus largely on making the fascia network in our bodies more fluid. Some movements are very similar, but more extended, dance-like, reflecting Miranda’s ballerina and dance background!
- May 13, 2022 – “Angel” in AVAA’s 1st Austin Art Space Gallery and Studio Group Show in a Long Time!Just a very quick post to announce that my 18×24 inch acrylic on stretched canvas, Angel – has been accepted into Austin Visual Arts Association’s ( AVAA) 1st group show since ( I believe ) the pandemic. Definitely been a long time coming and feels great to be able to be showing with this long time Austin art association again! 😊
- May 12, 2022 – Updated My #Twitter Header Image and Pinned TweetThough Twitter’s future is up in the air, or ether, or virtual landscape; and my own “footprint” there and social media in general is micro-whatever, lol! — it’s still my micro existence, and I want to care for it best I can 😊
- May 11, 2022 – Reblog / Review : Joan Mitchell, “I carry my landscapes around with me” – #Polyptychs…my reading of Joan Mitchell’s work – while often including much of that same connection, speaks more directly to me about the impact of the canvas before me in that process. Especially most specifically in regard to Joan’s work with multi-panel / multi-canvas works of art – ie, polyptychs!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊