Today will either be a very long drive and afternoon in cold wet weather to the Old Bakery, or a regretfully unable to go there day. I need to go, haven’t been there since right before my 2nd surgery. Need to chip in taking down this passing month’s show, check what of my prints might need restocking, and just see folks 😊
This is one time it’s more out of my hands than in so to speak 😊 so we’ll just have to see.
Meanwhile, hope you get to take a peek at my Renoir reblog posted today. The article it links to is chock full of samples of his work, some I’d never seen before, and the post, by Eric Wayne, is I think, superb.
Reminded me of a Prime movie about Renoir and his son I’ve had on my Watch List, and I hoping to also get that nearly 2 hour block of time for that today too. Yeah, we’ll see ‘bout that too, lol 😂
All good problems ‘bout having a full life ❤️
I’ll take it! 💕
Well, winter chased a timid autumn spirit from Texas yesterday. I’ve altered my walks to crucial ten+ minutes after each meal, as per WebMD’s info re blood sugar, and – after much hunting for a few won’t-start-without them item/excuses – painted for the 1st time since right before the move (mid-May).
I’d hope to finish a 12×18 that was the last I’d worked on this past Spring, and really could’ve stopped at several points, but each time felt I could really make it special. Generally I just messed it up over and over, fixed it back over and over, and finally left it after several hours (having forgotten the energy it takes to paint, at least the way I do, lol!)
Would love to work on it again today, but will have to see if the weather clears enough for me to go to the Old Bakery 1st time since before the 2nd surgery. 90% chance of rain, high winds, 45 min drive into town. We’ll have to see 😊 I’ll have to be careful getting started painting today then, ‘cause one thing hasn’t changed since my lull from painting — time becomes a bubble & I’ve no concept while I’m concentrating fit it’s been minutes or it’s been hours. A refuge and a blessing ❤️
Glad I was able to do a (relatively) quick reblog of Eric Wayne’s really interesting, picture sample filled, critique of Renoir as a painter amid – some circles I guess, it’s not my wife & I, lol! – negative criticisms about his as both a painter and a person!
Did also add a couple of Renoir and Impressionist items (a book and a movie) to my Impressionism Idea page on Amazon. The movie, produced by Renoir’s son the great movie director, is something I really want to make time for. It’s got over 300 4+ star reviews, and is available free for me via my Prime membership.
So I’ve lots of blessings to look forward to. Now it’s just about pacing 😊
Related Amazon Search & Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Latest Blog Posts
- August 19, 2022 – “Fantasy Walk” and “Walking in Light” in New Juried Art Show at Inspired Mind Art Center!The show overall has a great selection! Here’s a small sampling, with photos of the show from fellow Austin artist, Leslie Kell
- August 18, 2022 – #Inflation or #Deflation or Any One Nation : #ClimageChange Doesn’t Seem to Care…It’s Pervasively Here Now….It’s rare lately I post a second post the same day, but the news about the climate we all live within and depend on, is pervasive, even appearing on our local Austin Fox News news-scroll!
- August 18, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 2..life, unpredictable, full of both pleasant and difficult surprises – plus easy, and not so easy choices. That’s what the articles I’ve been reading also seem to reflect….
- August 17, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 1I’ve no idea how long this series on climate etc will run, but I need some kind of framework to place pieces of information together that are helping me understand the rapidly changing potentially deteriorating world we live in.
- August 16, 2022 – Me, 1st Full Day Without a Beard for “Awhile”Sheila patiently re-posed me for a re-take of my no-beard pic today….
- August 15, 2022 – Me, Last Day With a Beard for “Awhile”A very quick post this evening – had my pre-op appt with my surgeon for a slew of breathing related fixes he and my my ENT dr / surgeon will do together..and this is me with my several-years long beard I’ve sported 😊
- August 14, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Time at the Musee d’Orsay” : circa 2012I would hope Sheila and I get to make at least one more wonderful extended trip to Paris 🙏 ❤️ 🇫🇷
My Related Blog Posts
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html