Today will either be a very long drive and afternoon in cold wet weather to the Old Bakery, or a regretfully unable to go there day. I need to go, haven’t been there since right before my 2nd surgery. Need to chip in taking down this passing month’s show, check what of my prints might need restocking, and just see folks 😊
This is one time it’s more out of my hands than in so to speak 😊 so we’ll just have to see.
Meanwhile, hope you get to take a peek at my Renoir reblog posted today. The article it links to is chock full of samples of his work, some I’d never seen before, and the post, by Eric Wayne, is I think, superb.
Reminded me of a Prime movie about Renoir and his son I’ve had on my Watch List, and I hoping to also get that nearly 2 hour block of time for that today too. Yeah, we’ll see ‘bout that too, lol 😂
All good problems ‘bout having a full life ❤️
I’ll take it! 💕
Well, winter chased a timid autumn spirit from Texas yesterday. I’ve altered my walks to crucial ten+ minutes after each meal, as per WebMD’s info re blood sugar, and – after much hunting for a few won’t-start-without them item/excuses – painted for the 1st time since right before the move (mid-May).
I’d hope to finish a 12×18 that was the last I’d worked on this past Spring, and really could’ve stopped at several points, but each time felt I could really make it special. Generally I just messed it up over and over, fixed it back over and over, and finally left it after several hours (having forgotten the energy it takes to paint, at least the way I do, lol!)
Would love to work on it again today, but will have to see if the weather clears enough for me to go to the Old Bakery 1st time since before the 2nd surgery. 90% chance of rain, high winds, 45 min drive into town. We’ll have to see 😊 I’ll have to be careful getting started painting today then, ‘cause one thing hasn’t changed since my lull from painting — time becomes a bubble & I’ve no concept while I’m concentrating fit it’s been minutes or it’s been hours. A refuge and a blessing ❤️
Glad I was able to do a (relatively) quick reblog of Eric Wayne’s really interesting, picture sample filled, critique of Renoir as a painter amid – some circles I guess, it’s not my wife & I, lol! – negative criticisms about his as both a painter and a person!
Did also add a couple of Renoir and Impressionist items (a book and a movie) to my Impressionism Idea page on Amazon. The movie, produced by Renoir’s son the great movie director, is something I really want to make time for. It’s got over 300 4+ star reviews, and is available free for me via my Prime membership.
So I’ve lots of blessings to look forward to. Now it’s just about pacing 😊
Related Amazon Search & Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Latest Blog Posts
- June 19, 2021 – Reblog : 10 Ways To Observe #Juneteenth This Year (via Women’s Health)Reblog – Women’s Health, 10 Ways To Observe Juneteenth This Year
- June18, 2021 – What Makes Dappled Light Work? It Almost Always Looks Good!Being in and around a changing if steady light at the greenbelt near us has given me the visual impetus to actually think about something I’ve long liked in much of Renoir’s and other impressionists’ art work – dappled light.
- June 17, 2021 – Update for Delivering Art for the Reopening of The Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, TexasAlmost a month ago I posted pics of Sheila and I making our 1st visit in over a year to the Old Bakery & Emporium where I show and sell a variety of images and writings…One of the nicer surprise developments has been a request to offer prints of my 7 unit Volleyball series.
- June 16, 2021 – Interesting Tweets I’ve Spotted RecentlyBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
- June 15, 2021 – My New Upload @FineArtAmerica – Violet Crown Trail Morning (Digital Art) PosterThough most of my hikes to the Barton Springs Greenbelt nearby are still exploratory, even when taking the 8 year old along 😊, I am beginning to recognize when I need, and want, to be there.
- June 14, 2021 – Volleyball Server Poster, My Newest #SportsPoetry Upload @FineArtAmericaLast of my 7 Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Server Poster, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items! 😊
- June 13, 2021 – Austin Texas….on-going authentic aspects of Austin, Texas….
My Related Blog Posts
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html