What a treat doing something I’d nearly taken for granted!
Each month, until my surgeries, I’d helped the staff at the Old Bakery take down the current month’s gallery show. The following day another set of consignor volunteers help put up the next month’s art show. It takes a lot more more work to put a show up then to take down, so I have the easy job 😊
This take down yesterday (Wed) was a little easier ‘cause there’s also an ongoing Veterans art show at the Old Bakery (top pic). It’s similar to the show with my work at Jerry’s Artarama, but sponsored by the city, so it extends to late November. My showing at Jerry’s ends this coming weekend.
In December it’ll also be a little different, actually a lot different. December will feature 50+ artists (vs 2-4) and over 140 pieces art!
So, I will have consignor volunteer company to help the staff take in new work, take down old work, and just do whatever needs doing to get the show prepped for the Thursday full set-up – whew!!! 😂
I’ll have lots more info, including pics of the images I’ll be showing, later on; but meanwhile, here’s the flyer for the December show, just out today! 😊
As a reminder, all work presented at the Old Bakery & Emporium is original work done by artists living in the Austin metro area, and, are at least 50 years young ☺️
If you would like to visit the Old Bakery, or apply as an artist, it is located in downtown Austin across front the State Capital Bldg on 1006 Congress Ave.
One can also call 512-974-1300.
And online links are —
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/obemporium
City of Austin website – https://www.austintexas.gov/obemporium
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 20, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” Still Not Done, But, Already a Learning Tool For Me!“Learning Tool for Me” is part of my blog title today simply ’cause I’ve looking at this post as specifically geared to get me where I wanna go – keeping in mind my destination is a generalized abstraction of image / feeling / and intuitive aspiration (hopefully including figurative work) & it’s reached a point of development over my previous renditions that I now need to put my resolve into concrete, hopefully creative, useful thoughts for my future directions. Lot of contradictions. Like life. Like me 😊 Here goes (for now) —
- September 19, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” ContinuedJust a quick post updating yesterday’s release showing what I’ve changed/added on to a watercolor on paper I’d 1st posted about on Sept 7th…A bigger factor in today’s image update is the addition of more “white”.
- September 18, 2021 – Dapple Light, My Creative Conundrum and CaldronMy regular readers know I’ve been more and more attracted to the idea of being able to paint dappled light, consciously, and hopefully, eventually more spontaneously. I titled my post to include both “conundrum” – which I kept misspelling til I looked it up 😊 – and “caldron” – which I keep feeling my creative heart and mind are swimming in (over their heads) lol!
- September 17, 2021 – New Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, “Fantasy Walk” : Watercolor on Canvas on Light Molding Paste, #ContemporaryImpressionismSome times, some days, the little things, like the big things, if they are good and hopeful, then they are helpful.
- September 16, 2021 – Reblog(s) : Graham McQuade, Benchmarks 1 & 2 (Acrylic Painting) #figureartThis necessarily (on my part) a short post due to some time constraints, although I should add, Graham’s posts will be a quick read. They’re short, tight with information. What will take a little time, if you notice the time 😊 is….
- September 15, 2021 – Birds at Pfluger Bridge Austin @FineArtAmericaBirds at Pfluger Bridge Austin is an 11×14 oil painting I finished a little over 3 years ago, but never wrote up about individually on my blog. I realized this was the case when I tried to find my WordPress image from an older blog post to include in my most recent post; about birds of course 😊 Why I hadn’t done a post, announcing when I’d uploaded it to Fine Art America is simply that I….
- September 14, 2021 – Playing with 4K Video to Grab Still ShotsNow that we’ve had our bird feeder up a few months at our new location, we’ve come across a wider variety of birds (and other critters) and’ve been working at grabbing shots of birds in motion I might could use for sketches and such 🦅
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html