What a treat doing something I’d nearly taken for granted!
Each month, until my surgeries, I’d helped the staff at the Old Bakery take down the current month’s gallery show. The following day another set of consignor volunteers help put up the next month’s art show. It takes a lot more more work to put a show up then to take down, so I have the easy job 😊
This take down yesterday (Wed) was a little easier ‘cause there’s also an ongoing Veterans art show at the Old Bakery (top pic). It’s similar to the show with my work at Jerry’s Artarama, but sponsored by the city, so it extends to late November. My showing at Jerry’s ends this coming weekend.
In December it’ll also be a little different, actually a lot different. December will feature 50+ artists (vs 2-4) and over 140 pieces art!
So, I will have consignor volunteer company to help the staff take in new work, take down old work, and just do whatever needs doing to get the show prepped for the Thursday full set-up – whew!!! 😂
I’ll have lots more info, including pics of the images I’ll be showing, later on; but meanwhile, here’s the flyer for the December show, just out today! 😊
As a reminder, all work presented at the Old Bakery & Emporium is original work done by artists living in the Austin metro area, and, are at least 50 years young ☺️
If you would like to visit the Old Bakery, or apply as an artist, it is located in downtown Austin across front the State Capital Bldg on 1006 Congress Ave.
One can also call 512-974-1300.
And online links are —
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/obemporium
City of Austin website – https://www.austintexas.gov/obemporium
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.3.2“Gently, he rubbed at a few spots he knew were extra tough, noticing a tender lone hair nearby….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.3.1“Face held still, eyes wide open, Arturo examined his features and almost grizzly, mostly grey beard in the ancient mirror that Anna’s dad said was original to the old fisherman’s hut.”
- Tweets That Caught My Eye on Twitter – Elle Justine @only1elle #PoetArtist“My sample above is, for me, quite haunting….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.2.4“Only the colorful cows on canvases, t-shirts, and life size embellished sculptures reminded him of Texas, but not of his own art….”
- Skydancer the Book, By Our Daughter, Tania, Now Available in Spanish! – Bailarina del cieloMany of my readers are familiar with my posts detailing our youngest daughter’s readings and book adventures with her illustrated children’s book, Skydancer! It’s now is also available in Spanish in a beautifully produced paper edition – Bailarina del cielo – Ballerina of the Sky!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.2.3“‘It’s a new visual language for me,’ he told Rosetta at a local artists’ show….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.2.2“Arturo keenly felt an absence in his new work.”
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html