What a treat doing something I’d nearly taken for granted!
Each month, until my surgeries, I’d helped the staff at the Old Bakery take down the current month’s gallery show. The following day another set of consignor volunteers help put up the next month’s art show. It takes a lot more more work to put a show up then to take down, so I have the easy job 😊
This take down yesterday (Wed) was a little easier ‘cause there’s also an ongoing Veterans art show at the Old Bakery (top pic). It’s similar to the show with my work at Jerry’s Artarama, but sponsored by the city, so it extends to late November. My showing at Jerry’s ends this coming weekend.
In December it’ll also be a little different, actually a lot different. December will feature 50+ artists (vs 2-4) and over 140 pieces art!
So, I will have consignor volunteer company to help the staff take in new work, take down old work, and just do whatever needs doing to get the show prepped for the Thursday full set-up – whew!!! 😂
I’ll have lots more info, including pics of the images I’ll be showing, later on; but meanwhile, here’s the flyer for the December show, just out today! 😊
As a reminder, all work presented at the Old Bakery & Emporium is original work done by artists living in the Austin metro area, and, are at least 50 years young ☺️
If you would like to visit the Old Bakery, or apply as an artist, it is located in downtown Austin across front the State Capital Bldg on 1006 Congress Ave.
One can also call 512-974-1300.
And online links are —
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/obemporium
City of Austin website – https://www.austintexas.gov/obemporium
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- March 06, 2021 – A Yoga Teacher – Gift Writing / Poetry by AdanYesterday I posted about another of my gift writings, one that sold just recently, Volleyball Setter, and I thought I’d post a short note about another I’ve always liked – A Yoga Teacher.
- March 05, 2021 – Volleyball Setter Gallery Wrap Canvas Print SOLD @FineArtAmerica“…pleased to say I’ve sold a gallery wrapped canvas print featured in one of my most viewed posts on my site, Volleyball Setter – Original Sports Poetry Back in Stock, to a buyer in Sturgis, Michigan!”
- March 04, 2021 – Masks in Grocery Stores in Austin – Back to Mask/Mass ConfusionAll I feel I can really do is wish and pray for the safety of everyone in those stores without mandates, whether pro or con re the masks. If we’re in this together, we really need to act like we’re are in this together ♥️
- March 03, 2021 – Why We’re Only Shopping at Sprouts For Groceries (and a few others) Here in Austin For Now, Hint: Covid-19“… for us to choose to voluntarily restrict ourselves to Sprouts, and a few other stores I’ll highlight hopefully tomorrow, is a big deal. Fixed incomes of the qualifying-for-most-any-level of stimulus cut-off-money work that way 😊 “
- March 02, 2021 – 1st Full Day of Recovery After My 1st Covid VaccinationI’m developing a different kind of problem ☺️ – too many good things to choose from I want to do!
- March 01, 2021 – Floating Butterfly 1 Pen and Ink with Watercolor – circa 2021 Watercolor – Adan’s PhotoPoems“…wings spotted like the sun’s own face….”
- February 28, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Week @FineArtAmerica, Watercolor, “Charcoal Mountain”Using one of Arteza’s black brush pens, it shows the pen’s exceptional ability to lay down thick and wash pigment (see image below). The thick nicely textured Canson XL watercolor paper of course helps too 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html