Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
Ruminations for a slow Saturday
Well, I’ve been wanting to slow down, and today I did (slow as I already was going, lol! 😂)
Only thing is it was mostly spent on chores, ie, taxes, going to the pharmacy (8 cars in drive through line, gave it up for maybe tomorrow), semi-chores (cause they’re enjoyable too 😊 walking, eating, short 7 minute SilverSneakers stretch), and non-chores: reading art and virus articles, tweeting, chatting w/Sheila on the balcony) – but, no painting.
Used to be I could paint, tired or not, busy or not.
Not any more. Each time I’ve forced myself to paint tired, ugh!
Too many nice pieces ruined or gone too far astray to keep or relish; lost time and energy (even if I convinced myself it was good to “experiment”).
Now, experimenting while not tired, even ruining a piece (also when not tired), teaches me valuable things about what I like and want in my own art. What I want to explore further and find myself relishing and reminding myself of as a future re-effort.
So rest – the time the body and mind heal, and the soul speaks softly and is heard —
That’s what I need, and what I suspect we all need more of.
Rest from the relentless noise of virus-conflict.
Economy vs people.
As if either ever existed without the other 😊
Stay well everyone! Wishing for a restful night for everyone ❤️
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Suggested link, Legs up the wall via WebMD, a one pose multi-breath short routine to refresh one’s sense of restfulness! https://blogs.webmd.com/food-fitness/20200407/a-simple-self-care-exercise-to-calm-your-nerves
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
- May 14, 2022 – My 1st Classical Stretch Workout with Miranda Esmonde-White ( via YouTube ) in Many Months!Though similar to SilverSneakers’ classes, Miranda’s classes focus largely on making the fascia network in our bodies more fluid. Some movements are very similar, but more extended, dance-like, reflecting Miranda’s ballerina and dance background!
- May 13, 2022 – “Angel” in AVAA’s 1st Austin Art Space Gallery and Studio Group Show in a Long Time!Just a very quick post to announce that my 18×24 inch acrylic on stretched canvas, Angel – has been accepted into Austin Visual Arts Association’s ( AVAA) 1st group show since ( I believe ) the pandemic. Definitely been a long time coming and feels great to be able to be showing with this long time Austin art association again! 😊
- May 12, 2022 – Updated My #Twitter Header Image and Pinned TweetThough Twitter’s future is up in the air, or ether, or virtual landscape; and my own “footprint” there and social media in general is micro-whatever, lol! — it’s still my micro existence, and I want to care for it best I can 😊
- May 11, 2022 – Reblog / Review : Joan Mitchell, “I carry my landscapes around with me” – #Polyptychs…my reading of Joan Mitchell’s work – while often including much of that same connection, speaks more directly to me about the impact of the canvas before me in that process. Especially most specifically in regard to Joan’s work with multi-panel / multi-canvas works of art – ie, polyptychs!
- May 10, 2022 – BW Impressionist Abstract 1, Completed!A few posts back, about a new diptych in-progress, Freedom, in the 2nd 1/2 of the post, I mentioned having another in-progress work, BW Impressionist Abstract 1, that the 9 year old ( our youngest grandchild ) said he really liked, but wanted more “gold” in it, and pointed out where & how much more gold paint 😊 So I took him at his word & did the changes –
- May 09, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, 2nd Time This Year My Top 3 Most Viewed Images Are Photographs!Part of what I find fascinating about this posting’s top 3 viewed of my images at Fine Art America, is that all 3 are BW, or mostly so! As fascinating is I’ve also had a series of intermittent paintings of featuring mostly dark tones, even some with gold tones, like as seen in Bridge into the Night above. Among them have been —
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html