Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
Ruminations for a slow Saturday
Well, I’ve been wanting to slow down, and today I did (slow as I already was going, lol! 😂)
Only thing is it was mostly spent on chores, ie, taxes, going to the pharmacy (8 cars in drive through line, gave it up for maybe tomorrow), semi-chores (cause they’re enjoyable too 😊 walking, eating, short 7 minute SilverSneakers stretch), and non-chores: reading art and virus articles, tweeting, chatting w/Sheila on the balcony) – but, no painting.
Used to be I could paint, tired or not, busy or not.
Not any more. Each time I’ve forced myself to paint tired, ugh!
Too many nice pieces ruined or gone too far astray to keep or relish; lost time and energy (even if I convinced myself it was good to “experiment”).
Now, experimenting while not tired, even ruining a piece (also when not tired), teaches me valuable things about what I like and want in my own art. What I want to explore further and find myself relishing and reminding myself of as a future re-effort.
So rest – the time the body and mind heal, and the soul speaks softly and is heard —
That’s what I need, and what I suspect we all need more of.
Rest from the relentless noise of virus-conflict.
Economy vs people.
As if either ever existed without the other 😊
Stay well everyone! Wishing for a restful night for everyone ❤️
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Suggested link, Legs up the wall via WebMD, a one pose multi-breath short routine to refresh one’s sense of restfulness! https://blogs.webmd.com/food-fitness/20200407/a-simple-self-care-exercise-to-calm-your-nerves
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 15, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Bird Friends at Our BalconyGranted, my real life observation of birds is relatively limited, I’ve never seen this before, one Cardinal feeding two! Wonderful really, so amazed at the joy of such a tiny slice of nature ❤️ To say it’s adorable seems nearly a cliche, but adorable it is!
- May 14, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our New Balcony Brings a FriendAdding on to yesterday’s pic of our 1st bird visitor to our new balcony at our new location is, I assume 😊, the same little bird, but with a friend, her red feathered boy cardinal I think! The expressions, I think, are priceless!
- May 13, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our Balcony in Our New LocationA simple pic tonight, a simple mingling of sentiments – innocence, curiosity, hunger….
- May 13, 2021 – Our #1 Learned Lesson This Move : Number the Boxes and Make a Digital List!“Such a simple idea, and Sheila says she’s either read or heard something similar, but only occurred to me this morning searching for random items I must’ve stuffed into a box with other stuff and now can’t find them – number each box, make a list of….”
- May 12, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, A Little Water in Barton Creek“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
- May 12, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Map for Barton Creek Greenbelt Near Us via Google Maps“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
- May 11, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Absorbing Nature“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html