Yesterday, in my post partially titled “I Need to Rest a Bit” I went a little into how and why I needed to take a break of sorts. It was about exertion, and too much to do – but realistically trying to do too much. It’s the sort of thing that one usually associates with physical exertion, but is equally valid with creative exertion. Cross-training, in either field, by switching exercise routines, like from cardio to stretching to strength – or creatively, in art, from say oils to acrylics to watercolors to digital – helps. But there’s limits to that too (see my 2011 post, Does Cross Training = Recovery Time? — My Yoga-to-Dance aha! Moments! – # 4) . Sometimes rest is, well, the only thing one may really need right then.
So what’s that got to do with my reblog of Dr. Mirkin’s timely-article-for-me got to do with all that, lol? 😏
Well..the good doctor offers a very sensible doable overview of how to proceed within one’s exercise routines whether biking or swimming (and of course even in fitness class).
It’s the kind of detailed examples to help one gauge and consciously adjust one’s exertion levels during active routines (though from experience the same appears true during yoga with its own areas of exertion).
My own thoughts are – learning to listen to one’s body, monitoring our own exertions, adjusting those exertions, allows us to continue much longer, more effectively, and with more safety, than merely pushing through, forcing ourselves beyond what should be a routine, not an emergency.
As Dr Mirkin says in his detailed but not too long article –
You recover by going at a slow pace for as long as it takes for your muscles to feel fresh again. There is no advantage to time-limiting your recoveries.Dr Mirkin https://www.drmirkin.com/fitness/too-much-exercise.html
Thanks so much everyone! Stay well! 😊
Please tap tweet above to like or share.
Please click here for direct link to book in above tweet 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Dr Mirkin in Books –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA, Pixels) – https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/
[…] — Felipe Adan Lerma (@FelipeAdanLerma) September 21, 2021 Direct link to my Dr Mirkin fitness blog post in above 😊https://felipeadanlerma.com/2021/02/10/february-10-2021-reblog-dr-mirkins-can-you-exercise-too-much/ […]
LikeLiked by 1 person
Today is my day off, and you can bet that I am taking it easy and relaxing all day! It’s so important! 😉😊
LikeLiked by 1 person
Oh yes! Goes “way” beyond just recharging! I l’d felt the benefits but hadn’t realized how deeply and organic the process is; obviously I’d recently realized I’d forgotten again, lol! I was running on recycled fumes 😉😊