It’s barely 4 in the afternoon here in Austin but I feel like I’ve lived another week of another mass confusion and whiplash. Between a once in several decades descent (we hope) into #TexasFreeze less than a month ago, mid-80s temps today, and mask mandates appearing and disappearing within our State’s larger now-rescinded mask mandate – wife and I feel rung through some wifey ringers, lol!
We’ve chosen not to go to our beloved SilverSneakers classes at our usual gym, even though we can choose to wear them ourselves. That’s good, in that we’d be protecting other folks. But between us not being protected from everyone maskless, and sharing an indoor ventilation system for the exercise areas, no, not a good idea for us 70 year olds. And as the recently updated CDC mask guidelines, even for vaccinated folks states, not a good a good choice for us to attend.
Plus, wife and I are prepping for our move closer to family (including the 8 year old) next month, and that means, since it seems we’re getting a smaller place, “lots” of sorting and taking stuff to storage. And does that feel like exercise! Oh my! 😂
So maybe, inadvertently, though still not our preference, this is all for the best.
Or at least for us 😏
And I am sorting my art and continuing to create as able.
And that’s gotta be good 😊
Take care then everyone! Stay safe! 💕
Please tap tweet above to like, share or link to my blog post 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Health Books –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
- June 28, 2022 – Record # of 100 Degree Days in June. Then it Rained….This evening ( Monday, June 27, 2022 ) here in Austin, we broke the all-time record for number of days 100 degrees or more – and – the clouds and rain and cooler air swept through and we dared open the blinds and step outside before 10 pm, lol!
- June 27, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyLast week my most viewed image on Fine Art America was an Austin sunset image ( circa 2017 ) and this week a recent 2021 early am summer shot, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” – an image I captured in the greenbelt on the Violet Crown trail 😊
- June 26, 2022 – Sending Me Memories : A Grandchild in #ParisI know that look, I know that stance, and I know that view 💕 Our youngest grandchild and his mom are spending a few days in Paris, and who can’t resist making a stop at the Louvre? I know Sheila and I couldn’t when we were there, lol!
- June 25, 2022 – Aging Gracefully : A Spot of Oasis in My Life From the Heat OutsideThough we again went out in the morning for chores, and held them down to groceries and some exercise, the heat finally got to me today.
- June 24, 2022 – Aging Gracefully : Doing Chores, Exercises, Eating Well and Hanging in There in 100+ Degree HeatIt’s a minute to ten, past my bedtime for all practical purposes, lol! But had to get this short post out so ya’ll will know us 70+ year olds ( wife & I ) are – so far – successfully pacing through a 2nd month of all time record high temps here in Austin.
- June 23, 2022 – El Marisquero Seafood – 1st Time Eating Outside in a Texas Summer in Decades! #FoodTruck #EastAustinThough I definitely can’t make it a habit, having a great tasting lunch break “outside” in the middle of the day in 100+ degree weather here in Austin was more than bearable – actually a pleasure!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊