It’s barely 4 in the afternoon here in Austin but I feel like I’ve lived another week of another mass confusion and whiplash. Between a once in several decades descent (we hope) into #TexasFreeze less than a month ago, mid-80s temps today, and mask mandates appearing and disappearing within our State’s larger now-rescinded mask mandate – wife and I feel rung through some wifey ringers, lol!
We’ve chosen not to go to our beloved SilverSneakers classes at our usual gym, even though we can choose to wear them ourselves. That’s good, in that we’d be protecting other folks. But between us not being protected from everyone maskless, and sharing an indoor ventilation system for the exercise areas, no, not a good idea for us 70 year olds. And as the recently updated CDC mask guidelines, even for vaccinated folks states, not a good a good choice for us to attend.
Plus, wife and I are prepping for our move closer to family (including the 8 year old) next month, and that means, since it seems we’re getting a smaller place, “lots” of sorting and taking stuff to storage. And does that feel like exercise! Oh my! 😂
So maybe, inadvertently, though still not our preference, this is all for the best.
Or at least for us 😏
And I am sorting my art and continuing to create as able.
And that’s gotta be good 😊
Take care then everyone! Stay safe! 💕
Please tap tweet above to like, share or link to my blog post 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Health Books –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 20, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” Still Not Done, But, Already a Learning Tool For Me!“Learning Tool for Me” is part of my blog title today simply ’cause I’ve looking at this post as specifically geared to get me where I wanna go – keeping in mind my destination is a generalized abstraction of image / feeling / and intuitive aspiration (hopefully including figurative work) & it’s reached a point of development over my previous renditions that I now need to put my resolve into concrete, hopefully creative, useful thoughts for my future directions. Lot of contradictions. Like life. Like me 😊 Here goes (for now) —
- September 19, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” ContinuedJust a quick post updating yesterday’s release showing what I’ve changed/added on to a watercolor on paper I’d 1st posted about on Sept 7th…A bigger factor in today’s image update is the addition of more “white”.
- September 18, 2021 – Dapple Light, My Creative Conundrum and CaldronMy regular readers know I’ve been more and more attracted to the idea of being able to paint dappled light, consciously, and hopefully, eventually more spontaneously. I titled my post to include both “conundrum” – which I kept misspelling til I looked it up 😊 – and “caldron” – which I keep feeling my creative heart and mind are swimming in (over their heads) lol!
- September 17, 2021 – New Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, “Fantasy Walk” : Watercolor on Canvas on Light Molding Paste, #ContemporaryImpressionismSome times, some days, the little things, like the big things, if they are good and hopeful, then they are helpful.
- September 16, 2021 – Reblog(s) : Graham McQuade, Benchmarks 1 & 2 (Acrylic Painting) #figureartThis necessarily (on my part) a short post due to some time constraints, although I should add, Graham’s posts will be a quick read. They’re short, tight with information. What will take a little time, if you notice the time 😊 is….
- September 15, 2021 – Birds at Pfluger Bridge Austin @FineArtAmericaBirds at Pfluger Bridge Austin is an 11×14 oil painting I finished a little over 3 years ago, but never wrote up about individually on my blog. I realized this was the case when I tried to find my WordPress image from an older blog post to include in my most recent post; about birds of course 😊 Why I hadn’t done a post, announcing when I’d uploaded it to Fine Art America is simply that I….
- September 14, 2021 – Playing with 4K Video to Grab Still ShotsNow that we’ve had our bird feeder up a few months at our new location, we’ve come across a wider variety of birds (and other critters) and’ve been working at grabbing shots of birds in motion I might could use for sketches and such 🦅
Thanks again, everyone! 😊