This post is long on pictures, mostly because it was a long day from getting up to getting back to bed, lol! But what a good day it was ❤️ Here’s hoping this long post of pictures brings a similar good feeling!
First up, above, is a special project Max has had his heart on, re-creating a magical sword he sees and experiences using in one of his video games – Zelda Breath of the Wild! All part of his progressing Halloween costume.
Max’s dad cut the wood and assembled it, as per Max’s instructions, and Max and I painted it, as per his instructions.
Below, as part of our morning walk, we did the short round-about at the trailhead to Barton Spring Greenbelt, going down the gentler slanting southern path first. The 2 paths are both 2-way and barely hidden from each other.
The morning was heating up faster than we’d expected, and Max’s jacket had become his new toy 😊
Below, we’d rounded the bottom of the trail down to the main trail along Barton Creek in the greenbelt, and Grandma and he were about to exit the steeper northern side path back to street level, and evidently he wasn’t sure what he’d do with his coat now that Grandma was close on his trail —
Evidently (below) she’d given his the ok for one more toss in the air, lol!
I was further back trying to grab the shots as they came up 😊
The dappled light was also too nice to miss ❤️
A short break and on we went to Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center! Once there (below), from experience, Max knew where to go and lead us on!
Next, below, Max had already run ahead to the two-level brick tower with the “very” winding stairway!
Once we caught up to him I grabbed a shot of him and grandma at the top 💕
Here’s a link to the Wildflower Center with info on it –
Among the fun info via the link above is,
The Observation Tower’s brown sandstone, for instance, is from nearby Lampasas, and its architectural style is representative of watch towers of Spanish missions.Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center
Finally, below, in the western portion of the Wildflower complex, which includes a large sprawling Family Garden, Max slowed down just enough for a kind lady w/her own little one to take a pic of us 🙏
There’s a waterfall and above ground (formed) cave, ponds, butterfly seats, and frog sculptures little ones can sit on too 😊
Tired, well, Sheila and myself, lol! We headed home, rested just a bit (we’d had lunch at the Wildflower Centers light filled cafe, and headed downtown to a Veteran’s art show opening at the Old Bakery & Emporium. I’m a vet but found out about the art entry details (a city wide offer by the city at different locations). Outside, in the small square adjacent and south of the Old Bakery, 2 Army Veterans from Afghanistan & Iraq (both Chinook helicopter pilots) were blazing a new trail – fire handling twirls!
Elisabeth Joy and Dave Lee, showed a lot poise and grace showing us how to handle fire power!
Dave can be reached on Instagram at – https://www.instagram.com/pyrobatx
While Elisabeth can be reached there also, at – https://www.instagram.com/elisabeth_joy_atx
Both have some “very” serious performance work on display there!! Max, Sheila and myself got to meet and talk w/them a bit and are very happy to share their contact info ❤️ Sheila has a short video & another pic on her FB page at – https://www.facebook.com/100002903977755/posts/4084184451688314/
We finally made it back home (after eating more delicious food at the Veterans celebration at the Old Bakery), tired but happy, and ended the evening finishing watching one of Max’s favored movies on Disney+. Neither Sheila nor myself had seen it so it was great fun for all three of us. He doesn’t seem to tire of it ❤️
Big Hero 6 – it’s way more better than we figured!
I think that evening was one of the rare moments I saw Max asleep bout the same time he laid his head on his pillow ♥️
Take care everyone! Do what one can when one can – that’s about it 💕
Related series of posts with Max 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “Lady Bird Johnson” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA, Pixels) – https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/
Happy Halloween Felipe! 👻👻🦇🦇🎃🎃👾👾
LikeLiked by 1 person
You too, Cindy! Happy Halloween! 👻 😊
[…] my photo of SRV’s statue on my site and the Old Bakery has reopened! We even went to the super nice Veteran’s celebration event there w/the 8 year old (part of a HUGE day with the young’n).Stevie Ray Vaughan’s of course a legend, esp here […]
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks for sharing photos of your great day with Max, he sure is growing up fast, it looks like he really values his time with you too! 🥰
LikeLiked by 1 person
I know we sure do him! 😊♥️ He went to a belated birthday lunch (for me) with us today, saw a lot of family; lot of fun!