This post is long on pictures, mostly because it was a long day from getting up to getting back to bed, lol! But what a good day it was ❤️ Here’s hoping this long post of pictures brings a similar good feeling!
First up, above, is a special project Max has had his heart on, re-creating a magical sword he sees and experiences using in one of his video games – Zelda Breath of the Wild! All part of his progressing Halloween costume.
Max’s dad cut the wood and assembled it, as per Max’s instructions, and Max and I painted it, as per his instructions.
Below, as part of our morning walk, we did the short round-about at the trailhead to Barton Spring Greenbelt, going down the gentler slanting southern path first. The 2 paths are both 2-way and barely hidden from each other.
The morning was heating up faster than we’d expected, and Max’s jacket had become his new toy 😊
Below, we’d rounded the bottom of the trail down to the main trail along Barton Creek in the greenbelt, and Grandma and he were about to exit the steeper northern side path back to street level, and evidently he wasn’t sure what he’d do with his coat now that Grandma was close on his trail —
Evidently (below) she’d given his the ok for one more toss in the air, lol!
I was further back trying to grab the shots as they came up 😊
The dappled light was also too nice to miss ❤️
A short break and on we went to Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center! Once there (below), from experience, Max knew where to go and lead us on!
Next, below, Max had already run ahead to the two-level brick tower with the “very” winding stairway!
Once we caught up to him I grabbed a shot of him and grandma at the top 💕
Here’s a link to the Wildflower Center with info on it –
Among the fun info via the link above is,
The Observation Tower’s brown sandstone, for instance, is from nearby Lampasas, and its architectural style is representative of watch towers of Spanish missions.Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center
Finally, below, in the western portion of the Wildflower complex, which includes a large sprawling Family Garden, Max slowed down just enough for a kind lady w/her own little one to take a pic of us 🙏
There’s a waterfall and above ground (formed) cave, ponds, butterfly seats, and frog sculptures little ones can sit on too 😊
Tired, well, Sheila and myself, lol! We headed home, rested just a bit (we’d had lunch at the Wildflower Centers light filled cafe, and headed downtown to a Veteran’s art show opening at the Old Bakery & Emporium. I’m a vet but found out about the art entry details (a city wide offer by the city at different locations). Outside, in the small square adjacent and south of the Old Bakery, 2 Army Veterans from Afghanistan & Iraq (both Chinook helicopter pilots) were blazing a new trail – fire handling twirls!
Elisabeth Joy and Dave Lee, showed a lot poise and grace showing us how to handle fire power!
Dave can be reached on Instagram at – https://www.instagram.com/pyrobatx
While Elisabeth can be reached there also, at – https://www.instagram.com/elisabeth_joy_atx
Both have some “very” serious performance work on display there!! Max, Sheila and myself got to meet and talk w/them a bit and are very happy to share their contact info ❤️ Sheila has a short video & another pic on her FB page at – https://www.facebook.com/100002903977755/posts/4084184451688314/
We finally made it back home (after eating more delicious food at the Veterans celebration at the Old Bakery), tired but happy, and ended the evening finishing watching one of Max’s favored movies on Disney+. Neither Sheila nor myself had seen it so it was great fun for all three of us. He doesn’t seem to tire of it ❤️
Big Hero 6 – it’s way more better than we figured!
I think that evening was one of the rare moments I saw Max asleep bout the same time he laid his head on his pillow ♥️
Take care everyone! Do what one can when one can – that’s about it 💕
Related series of posts with Max 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “Lady Bird Johnson” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 27, 2022 – Now This Sounds Right : “Fed can avoid ‘deep pain’ in inflation fight, Bostic says”One of the fun things of being a lay-person in re to an esoteric topic, like the effect of Federal Reserve actions and statements about folks in my fiscal strata is – long as I’m upfront it’s my opinion – I can say how things appear from my socio-economic perspective.
- September 26, 2022 – Changes to My Blog – No Externally Generated Ads / Blogging As AbleI needed to regroup.
- September 25, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Walk Among the Wildflowers” : circa 2020I’m hoping to catch the deadline to submit it to a new-to-me Austin venue, Bee Caves Arts Foundation. Do wish me luck. It’d be a great add-on to its being my most viewed on Fine Art America this past week 😊🙏
- September 22, 2022 – Clean Energy, Part 5 – The Practical Problem, and, How #Solar Kept the Lights on After Fiona Left #PuertoRico in the DarkThe bulk of the info is a very fairly laid out presentation that a 90% of renewable energy is mostly doable and feasible. The only really debatable portion, and Dan presents pluses and minuses for each possible choice, is how to supply that last needed 10%.
- September 21, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 5 : Adding a 4th ( textured ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )Much enhanced less subtle, but more vibrant, the current stage of development for Danseur en Bleu is nearing a finish.
- September 20, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 7 – #ClimateTweetsA selection of Tweets I’ve Retweeted about #Climate & related topics, both scary & hopeful 😊🙏
- September 19, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 4 : Adding a 3rd ( pink ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )I only painted a few minutes, ten or so, after mixing matte gel medium and a touch of acrylic rose, and I could only do it because I’m hopeful!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊