This post is long on pictures, mostly because it was a long day from getting up to getting back to bed, lol! But what a good day it was ❤️ Here’s hoping this long post of pictures brings a similar good feeling!
First up, above, is a special project Max has had his heart on, re-creating a magical sword he sees and experiences using in one of his video games – Zelda Breath of the Wild! All part of his progressing Halloween costume.
Max’s dad cut the wood and assembled it, as per Max’s instructions, and Max and I painted it, as per his instructions.
Below, as part of our morning walk, we did the short round-about at the trailhead to Barton Spring Greenbelt, going down the gentler slanting southern path first. The 2 paths are both 2-way and barely hidden from each other.
The morning was heating up faster than we’d expected, and Max’s jacket had become his new toy 😊
Below, we’d rounded the bottom of the trail down to the main trail along Barton Creek in the greenbelt, and Grandma and he were about to exit the steeper northern side path back to street level, and evidently he wasn’t sure what he’d do with his coat now that Grandma was close on his trail —
Evidently (below) she’d given his the ok for one more toss in the air, lol!
I was further back trying to grab the shots as they came up 😊
The dappled light was also too nice to miss ❤️
A short break and on we went to Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center! Once there (below), from experience, Max knew where to go and lead us on!
Next, below, Max had already run ahead to the two-level brick tower with the “very” winding stairway!
Once we caught up to him I grabbed a shot of him and grandma at the top 💕
Here’s a link to the Wildflower Center with info on it –
Among the fun info via the link above is,
The Observation Tower’s brown sandstone, for instance, is from nearby Lampasas, and its architectural style is representative of watch towers of Spanish missions.Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center
Finally, below, in the western portion of the Wildflower complex, which includes a large sprawling Family Garden, Max slowed down just enough for a kind lady w/her own little one to take a pic of us 🙏
There’s a waterfall and above ground (formed) cave, ponds, butterfly seats, and frog sculptures little ones can sit on too 😊
Tired, well, Sheila and myself, lol! We headed home, rested just a bit (we’d had lunch at the Wildflower Centers light filled cafe, and headed downtown to a Veteran’s art show opening at the Old Bakery & Emporium. I’m a vet but found out about the art entry details (a city wide offer by the city at different locations). Outside, in the small square adjacent and south of the Old Bakery, 2 Army Veterans from Afghanistan & Iraq (both Chinook helicopter pilots) were blazing a new trail – fire handling twirls!
Elisabeth Joy and Dave Lee, showed a lot poise and grace showing us how to handle fire power!
Dave can be reached on Instagram at – https://www.instagram.com/pyrobatx
While Elisabeth can be reached there also, at – https://www.instagram.com/elisabeth_joy_atx
Both have some “very” serious performance work on display there!! Max, Sheila and myself got to meet and talk w/them a bit and are very happy to share their contact info ❤️ Sheila has a short video & another pic on her FB page at – https://www.facebook.com/100002903977755/posts/4084184451688314/
We finally made it back home (after eating more delicious food at the Veterans celebration at the Old Bakery), tired but happy, and ended the evening finishing watching one of Max’s favored movies on Disney+. Neither Sheila nor myself had seen it so it was great fun for all three of us. He doesn’t seem to tire of it ❤️
Big Hero 6 – it’s way more better than we figured!
I think that evening was one of the rare moments I saw Max asleep bout the same time he laid his head on his pillow ♥️
Take care everyone! Do what one can when one can – that’s about it 💕
Related series of posts with Max 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “Lady Bird Johnson” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- November 30, 2021 – My Idea for Promoting My WordPress Blog Posts on Twitter (With My Pinned Tweet), Part 4And so far, I’m very pleased with how it’s working. It’s saving me a bit of time, yet also keeping tweets going out promoting my more recent posts. I could probably do with slightly more frequently….
- November 29, 2021 – Fine Art America News : “Easy Morning” and “Walking in Light” Featured in Art Groups + Sold a “If Dads Were” Coffee CupBoth figures in the painting above and below are watercolors, though, Easy Morning is all watercolor on absorbent ground. Walking in Light’s paint, around the figure below, is acrylic; both the watercolor figure and remainder of my painting done on Golden’s Light Molding Paste. Golden has evidently been at improving acrylics a long time, as I learned in this post (with links to Golden’s article), and I can say that for me, working on their molding paste, in watercolor and acrylic, is a real treat!
- November 28, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Heart FragmentIf it was an amazing process to see older photos and artwork show up on my most viewed list last week (and it was 😊) then this batch is incredible! Work from so many years have shown up, and such a variety! It tells me, one can never quite tell what folks might be looking for day to day, week to week, and it’s nice for me to have the inventory assortment, “almost” a historical diary, of my work
- November 27, 2021 – LOL! I Don’t Like It, But I WANT It! : Preparing More Paintings and Applications for Places to Show and Sell!!I squashed together what I could to show a “fair” sampling of my work recently finished or in-progress right now. There’s more, tucked here and there among these, lol! And on another wall! I choose to consider that a good problem 😊 Seeing these together like tis, If I had to choose one thing tying them all together – the impressionist skews, the abstracted slants, the washes, the thick tones, the high key and (nearly) BW work – I’d say it’s….
- November 26, 2021 – Working on Paintings; In-Progress : 2 New Lay-ins ( “Heart Fragment” and “Approach” ) Based on Details from Two Existing PaintingsThis has been something I’ve toyed with and talked about for a bit now — finding / picking a detail fragment of an existing painting (or photo etc) from which to base new work on. And I shoulda caught on to how well this might work for me, in terms of creativity and viewership, with my success with a related project where I painted an abstracted detail from an existing painting to create a new related one. That happened with Abstract Study 1 shown at the bottom of this post.
- November 25, 2021 – Happy Thanksgiving 2021!!Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I’m posting the same header as last year, Norman Rockwell’s “Freedom From Want” oil on canvas from 1943, smack in the middle of the 2nd World War.
- November 24, 2021 – Working on Paintings; In-Progress : Valentines 2022, In-Progress Since Early October, lol!Not quite finished, but looking fairly good, especially considering back in early October I thought, “Yeah, I can finish this quick then save it for early next year.” Now, I’m thinking, really? Will I really finally get this finished by January next year, lol!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊