Hard for me to believe this is my 1st time featuring my late Feb 2017 shot of the Stevie Ray Vaughan statue along Austin’s Hike & Bike Trail, esp considering how many views and comments it’s gotten on Fine Art America and sold at the Old Bakery & Emporium, excepting when the latter was closed for a year and a half of course, lol!
Well, now that’s remedied, lol! Posting my photo of SRV’s statue on my site and the Old Bakery has reopened! We even went to the super nice Veteran’s celebration event there w/the 8 year old (part of a HUGE day with the young’n).
Stevie Ray Vaughan’s of course a legend, esp here in Austin, and I was fortunate to be out searching for images to capture one very early grey-blue late-February morning, and I got very lucky ❤️
My other sale at the bakery I don’t have a picture of. It was painted during my last spree of piling up projects to be worked on able, early last year (2020), and fell victim to, once finished, and moved on to another painting, I’d later assumed I’d taken a photo, lol! The general idea is another woods image, like my aborted-destroyed First Snow when I was 1st learning to use masking fluid, but with deeper colors and a figure in it. Small, at 5×7, I’m glad someone else liked it too, as I thought it was a promising direction, at least before I moved on and forgot about it 😊 It’s still my intention to do a larger version of First Snow with this work’s deeper colors & (very small) figure.
I’m hoping sales will continue to trickle in, and of course “sales” are welcome to also pour in anytime! ☺️
Stay well everyone! Keep a record of your creations. One never knows when, looking back, there were some forgotten ideas worth pursuing again 💕
Here’s some good links and info about the Old Bakery, a historical site —
The Old Bakery itself has new hours —
But their phone # 512-974-1300 has stayed the same 😊
My blog posts featuring or including the Old Bakery & Emporium over several years now –
Stay well everyone! One can do so much more healthy! ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “Stevie Ray Vaughan” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 27, 2022 – Now This Sounds Right : “Fed can avoid ‘deep pain’ in inflation fight, Bostic says”One of the fun things of being a lay-person in re to an esoteric topic, like the effect of Federal Reserve actions and statements about folks in my fiscal strata is – long as I’m upfront it’s my opinion – I can say how things appear from my socio-economic perspective.
- September 26, 2022 – Changes to My Blog – No Externally Generated Ads / Blogging As AbleI needed to regroup.
- September 25, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Walk Among the Wildflowers” : circa 2020I’m hoping to catch the deadline to submit it to a new-to-me Austin venue, Bee Caves Arts Foundation. Do wish me luck. It’d be a great add-on to its being my most viewed on Fine Art America this past week 😊🙏
- September 22, 2022 – Clean Energy, Part 5 – The Practical Problem, and, How #Solar Kept the Lights on After Fiona Left #PuertoRico in the DarkThe bulk of the info is a very fairly laid out presentation that a 90% of renewable energy is mostly doable and feasible. The only really debatable portion, and Dan presents pluses and minuses for each possible choice, is how to supply that last needed 10%.
- September 21, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 5 : Adding a 4th ( textured ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )Much enhanced less subtle, but more vibrant, the current stage of development for Danseur en Bleu is nearing a finish.
- September 20, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 7 – #ClimateTweetsA selection of Tweets I’ve Retweeted about #Climate & related topics, both scary & hopeful 😊🙏
- September 19, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 4 : Adding a 3rd ( pink ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )I only painted a few minutes, ten or so, after mixing matte gel medium and a touch of acrylic rose, and I could only do it because I’m hopeful!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊