Hard for me to believe this is my 1st time featuring my late Feb 2017 shot of the Stevie Ray Vaughan statue along Austin’s Hike & Bike Trail, esp considering how many views and comments it’s gotten on Fine Art America and sold at the Old Bakery & Emporium, excepting when the latter was closed for a year and a half of course, lol!
Well, now that’s remedied, lol! Posting my photo of SRV’s statue on my site and the Old Bakery has reopened! We even went to the super nice Veteran’s celebration event there w/the 8 year old (part of a HUGE day with the young’n).
Stevie Ray Vaughan’s of course a legend, esp here in Austin, and I was fortunate to be out searching for images to capture one very early grey-blue late-February morning, and I got very lucky ❤️
My other sale at the bakery I don’t have a picture of. It was painted during my last spree of piling up projects to be worked on able, early last year (2020), and fell victim to, once finished, and moved on to another painting, I’d later assumed I’d taken a photo, lol! The general idea is another woods image, like my aborted-destroyed First Snow when I was 1st learning to use masking fluid, but with deeper colors and a figure in it. Small, at 5×7, I’m glad someone else liked it too, as I thought it was a promising direction, at least before I moved on and forgot about it 😊 It’s still my intention to do a larger version of First Snow with this work’s deeper colors & (very small) figure.
I’m hoping sales will continue to trickle in, and of course “sales” are welcome to also pour in anytime! ☺️
Stay well everyone! Keep a record of your creations. One never knows when, looking back, there were some forgotten ideas worth pursuing again 💕
Here’s some good links and info about the Old Bakery, a historical site —
The Old Bakery itself has new hours —
But their phone # 512-974-1300 has stayed the same 😊
My blog posts featuring or including the Old Bakery & Emporium over several years now –
Stay well everyone! One can do so much more healthy! ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “Stevie Ray Vaughan” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 21, 2022 – Sheila & I Are Attending 2 Gallery Openings Today! #PrimalGalleryDS #AustinArtSpaceSheila and I are off to a busy fun art-openings day that include some of my art at two local galleries today – AVAA’s Austin Art Space, and Primal Gallery in nearby Dripping Springs!
- May 20, 2022 – Will My New #Austin #Photography Poster, Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Join My Austin Pink Sunset Photo and Lou Neff Digital Art Poster in Sales?The question itself, whether Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt will match or join my currently selling best prints, is a question more of hope and companionship for my image of a truly usually bright spot in Austin, the system of greenbelts preserving the water that makes living here even possible ❤️
- May 19, 2022 – Hardest / Best Part of My Strength Class Recently – Releasing Myself a SmileIt’s nearing 8pm and I’m trying to apply an exercise lesson our online SilverSneakers instructor, Michelle, brought up a few times today – smile 😊
- May 18, 2022 – Places In or Near Austin Texas You Can See and Buy My Prints ( Art and Photography ) #PrimalGallery #OldBakery&EmporiumPrints have consistently out-sold my originals if for no other reasons than they are less expensive and usually have more items to choose from. Not bad reasons at all 😊 What I want to do now though is, begin to –
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊