At 22×28 inches, canvas on stretcher bars, Spring Rising is one of my relatively larger abstract works so far, not counting my multi-canvas panel abstracts, or polyptychs as I’ve found out they’re also called.
But Spring Rising is a nice change of pace, being one canvas. Also, being high key in color, I also found it a nice change to experiment layering both the textures and colors from light to darker or more intense, vs dark to light.
I like working both ways, each directional mode its own distinct painting puzzle and challenge 😊
Something else I’ve been experimenting with more and more, is extracting what I’m calling “Fragments” from the full original painting. Finding / choosing some small portion that by itself seems really interesting to me.
I think these kind of “fragments” will one day be very useful as images in themselves – and – provide me with more ideas, with larger forms than I usually use, for more paintings!
I’ve several new larger palette knives I’ve used a tiny bit, but am anticipating using them more soon. In this new work, I stuck with my smaller knives, actually feeling the one panel to be small compared to painting 2 of them into a diptych, like I’d recently been doing with a work I’ve decided to call, Eyes of the Universe, a 2 piece canvas set I’d recently been calling “Seeing” – https://felipeadanlerma.com/?s=Eyes+of+the+universe 😊
Below is one of “fragments” from “Spring Rising” ☺️
Stay well everyone! There’s so much we can enjoy in our lives! 🙏 ❤️ 😊
Where You Can See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Above tweet is live! Feel free to tap & share! 😊
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 21, 2022 – Sheila & I Are Attending 2 Gallery Openings Today! #PrimalGalleryDS #AustinArtSpaceSheila and I are off to a busy fun art-openings day that include some of my art at two local galleries today – AVAA’s Austin Art Space, and Primal Gallery in nearby Dripping Springs!
- May 20, 2022 – Will My New #Austin #Photography Poster, Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Join My Austin Pink Sunset Photo and Lou Neff Digital Art Poster in Sales?The question itself, whether Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt will match or join my currently selling best prints, is a question more of hope and companionship for my image of a truly usually bright spot in Austin, the system of greenbelts preserving the water that makes living here even possible ❤️
- May 19, 2022 – Hardest / Best Part of My Strength Class Recently – Releasing Myself a SmileIt’s nearing 8pm and I’m trying to apply an exercise lesson our online SilverSneakers instructor, Michelle, brought up a few times today – smile 😊
- May 18, 2022 – Places In or Near Austin Texas You Can See and Buy My Prints ( Art and Photography ) #PrimalGallery #OldBakery&EmporiumPrints have consistently out-sold my originals if for no other reasons than they are less expensive and usually have more items to choose from. Not bad reasons at all 😊 What I want to do now though is, begin to –
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊