Three Weeks Worth of Exploring 😊
Give or take, it’s been about 3 weeks since I started my experiment learning to use Amazon’s Affiliated Marketing opportunity.
And give or take, there’s some important things I’ve learned, one of which is how much more I have to learn, lol!
Note: Importance in my list below is ranked strictly by what I’ve become aware of at any given moment, rather than – from a more experienced view – what has the most long term impact or importance.
So, in no particular order this time around 😊 here goes:
- Like trying on new and different clothes, even those one likes, it sometimes takes a little getting comfortable being seen in public with them! Each day I find myself more at ease finding ways to insert an Affiliated Marketing link or image. That I pick what images and links to showcase has been instrumental growing my comfort level.
- Picking images of products I haven’t used (yet) to showcase is actually fun for me, and I often pick something that’s eye-appealing to me AND has reviews or features I find comfortable pinpoint-featuring.
- Doing the code and selection/placement work of pinpointing products takes time and work. I have to really like the potential of the product, or have used it, to showcase the full package I’d like with an image ad: image, written title, and a text link (the image usually also has a link embedded).
- Learning where to add an unobtrusive search link is easier than I’d thought, but, changes post to post since I write for content interesting to me — mostly the arts, senior fitness, and aging gracefully.
- Getting fancy with all sorts of neat plugins that automate some of the above, plus some of my other manual additions, like choosing which of my posts since 2011 are related, is – at this time, for me – too expensive. So slow and easy is my path, perfect for a nearly 69 year old, lol!
- Becoming aware of non-working Affiliate links is critical. Luckily, WordPress has a way for me to see which links, of any kind, are being click, and I can then see if they went where they were supposed to. Potentially time consuming, but less consuming than if someone wants to buy one of my books, or see my art on eBay or Fine Art America, or check out my products on Amazon, or even read one of my related posts! 😊 But – I don’t always know which post the link came from. So please, if you find a broken link, please let me know, preferably in the comments where I’ll be sure to see it – thank u so much!
Obviously – to anyone already doing Affiliated Marketing –
I’ve a long way to go learning.
Same thing’s true creating art, writing stories.
And, especially true keeping myself healthy and fit ❤️
What would help me most right now, is –
If you find any link of any kind that doesn’t work, please let me know in the comments. It’s the most surest way I’ll get your alert.
Thanks so much!
Marketing Amazon Search
– a good general search to see what pops up, in this case books –
Below are some related posts from my site & a few other related Amazon searches —
Related Marketing Posts on My Site
Related Amazon Search & Product Links
My “marketing” search did bring up some potentially interesting books, like, “This Is Marketing: You Can’t Be Seen Until You Learn to See” via Seth Godin, and, “The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference” by Malcolm Gladwell.
My next step was to look at Amazon’s own “Related searches” image-list with text guidelines at the bottom of the 1st page of search results for my above “Marketing” search – Whew! I almost ran out of mental-breath saying all that to myself as I wrote it, lol 😂
Anyway 😊 and one should keep in mind this would probably change as per Amazon’s reading of what’s hot and who’s looking – these are among what’s then offered for further related searches:
And don’t forget, images are also links 😊
Thanks so much everyone!
Let me know in the comments if you find a broken link! 🙏
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html