The carry exercise trains your entire body for ultimate function, strength, and stability. Here are six variations you can do with a kettlebell or dumbbell.
— Read on www.silversneakers.com/blog/the-most-deceiving-and-effective-exercise-of-all-time-kettlebell-carry/
Quite a title, right? 😊
I kinda discovered this exercise one day at The Y not too long after my 2nd surgery this summer, though I used a light weight ball vs a kettlebell.
Nothing I read in the article, and nothing in my previous training as an instructor with SilverSneakers, and via AFAA, indicates “something” else, could be substituted. In fact, the article has a link regarding how to decide how much weight to use or start with —
If you’re new to strength training or haven’t done it in a while, Smith suggests starting with just the weight of your body to master exercises with proper form and alignment.https://www.silversneakers.com/blog/strength-training-tips/
Also, as with any good exercise idea, one can substitute other objects than a kettlebell. I like a soft, easy to grip, light weight ball. The article speaks to issues re starting, such as injuries etc, so I was lucky to 1st have experimented with this particular choice of weight (or lack of, lol! 😊)
All of the following exercises are described using a kettlebell. That’s because with kettlebells, the weight hangs below the handle, making them ideal for mimicking how you carry things in real life.https://www.silversneakers.com/blog/the-most-deceiving-and-effective-exercise-of-all-time-kettlebell-carry/
But, to start with, to get a fantastic amount of useful enabling information, this SilverSneakers post is one of their best I’ve seen.
Attention is directed to wrist placements, which muscles work with particular variations, posture, who with what type of muscular or other problems should avoid or modify what movements….
So, my goal, at this point in my multi-surgery recovery, I’m more interested in rebuilding an even simpler aspect of real life – walking with greater and better strength and balance. Yeah, just that, lol!
For me, that means a ball soft and light enough I can toss it back and forth between my hands as I walk, pass it front to back around me – one direction then the other, do arm raises, tricep pulls, and really just about any movement – again, while walking – that feels good, comes to mind, or is just plain fun ❤️
Plus, very important to me, use an object that, if I drop it, won’t make a crack in the floor at the gym, or fall on mine or someone’s else’s foot and hurt them! 😂
I highly recommend this article from SilverSneakers.
Follow it’s links. Bookmark the pages.
Try it out! 😊
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Painting Looser III: Chasing the Lost … and Found Edge via Caroline Buchanan Watercolors“Lost and found edges normally don’t just happen. You must plan. And you must use restraint. It is MUCH EASIER to complete an edge than to lose and find it.”
- The Power of Understatement (Lost Edges) via Dianne Mize Studio Feb 2020“In the 1960's I attended an art show in which hung a huge mural size painting showing as its content the total of three words: "Say Everything Completely". I rebelled against that message then and I bristle at it now. The reason is that in my work, a part of my personal aesthetic is understatement.”
- 2nd Progress Update Working with Golden Absorbent Ground and Fineline Masking Fluid, on Violet Blooms 02.11.20“Over all I feel my realizations and near misses, design-wise, outweigh my mistakes and the very real possibility this will become a “conversation learning-piece” work vs anything I can call finished and available for sale. I’m hoping I’m wrong about that last part, and find a way to finish it 😊 Very briefly, these are … Read more
- Adan’s Product Reviews on Amazon – Spectrafix Non-Toxic Fixative Spray for Watercolor (Flowering at Dawn)“I’ve been experimenting with absorbent ground on 6×6 inch canvases lately and this is probably #6 or 7 in the batch. Brush on isolation layers worked on all the previous pictures til I reached the first one with gouache, ruined it! So, if I was to continue to be able to do pieces like this … Read more
- Adan’s Movie/Cable TV Reviews – “Howard’s End” – Outstanding Beyond Expectation! – ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️“I’m still processing the details of why and how this particular production via Masterpiece has stuck with both myself and my wife so strongly. There was no doubt, by the end of Episode 1 (of 4), I very much wanted to watch this….”
- Ridges of Spring Light – New 6×6 Watercolor Acrylic Upload on Fine Art America“It was my 2nd almost literally stab at slipping watercolor onto one of my new absorbent ground 6×6 inch canvases. My 1st try, Bird’s Eye View (now sold), was more cautious, although that’s relatively speaking, lol!”
- 40th Anniversary of Meeting, And Still Wondering What We’ll Do Next 💕“Today Sheila and I celebrate 40 years since the day we first met, sneaking glances at each other (though I think I was the more blatant 😊 ) at the start of a two week 8-5 training for new jobs we had with the state ❤️ ”
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html