Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
Resting Up From Too Much Exertion, lol 😊
We had a rare patch of extremely nice weather for nearly a week here in Central Texas recently (now heading to near then above 100-107 next 10 days!) and I literally immersed myself in long fresh air walks and extra live online yoga and balance classes (SilverSneakers on FB) and two days ago could hardly move! 😂
Everything ached and screamed to just stay still and rest!
And so I did. Sheila and I both! ❤️
I slept later than my usual 5:30 am wake up, walked less, and took numerous naps during the day (which I used to do more often). This morning I feel like a freshly pressed shirt riding in a finely tuned new car, lol!
I’ve been painting, a little, but mostly readying a few small paintings for a possible July consignors’ art show at the Old Bakery & Emporium. No reception planned, as per City of Austin Covid precautions (I’m glad), and not sure much anyone’ll be stopping by along Congress Avenue in the heat and germ-dangered air, but it’ll just be nice to show if it turns out possible 😊
Plus, I’m finally uploading some of my new watercolors to Fine Art America in my Paintings Gallery. I guess I should consider creating a Watercolor Gallery to compliment the larger selection of all my paintings. Yes, but a little later, other things to do first, like more rest! ☺️
Stay well everyone! Pace! We won’t get there any quicker anyway it seems, whatever “there” is. Appears a good side product of our global crisis is in fact about the awareness and enjoyment of the journey, as much as anywhere we hope to arrive to 💕
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.11“Maybe now, in my sixties, he thought, my days are like weeks now….”
- The Old American Artist by Felipe Adan Lerma – Twitter Excerpt SeriesLooking back at older work, like my 80s acrylics or 2000s water soluble oils, can be lots of things : sobering 😂 and, when I spot patterns of motifs or preferences in my work, very helpful for me, enabling me to see enduring patterns of interests. The same, it turns out, even with its own variations, is true for other art forms I’ve worked out most my life, like writing, whether patterns of expression and beliefs within my blog posts, or, in the case of The Old American Artist – a semi-autobiographical literally fiction-like novella, connections right back to my most enduring focus. Art ❤️
- My Return to Regular Pricing @FineArtAmerica July 2020It’s been a few months since I started my $1 pricing markup experiment on Fine Art America. It was a worthwhile experiment, where I was hoping to generate more interest in my work in general, plus rack up a few low profit but visibility expanding sales 😊
- Aging Gracefully – Through Covid-19 – New Paris Painting In-Progress: Lady in Paris 1889, Details One Week ApartI’ve worked on Lady in Paris 1889 in-between some smaller watercolor (vs acrylic pieces), though a lot of the new touches to this work have been watercolor paint w/matte acrylic medium, basically making it an acrylic, but with some watercolor features, like the particular pigments I really wanted to use 😊
- Aging Gracefully – During Covid-19 – Update with SilverSneakers Stability Class at Gold’s Gym with Curt HollandLast week I post a more in-depth post, pictures & info, of the SilverSneakers Stability class Sheila and I take with Curt Holland at Gold’s Gym here in Austin, promising to update with a shot I thought I’d taken but, well, didn’t take, lol! That’s the shot above 😊
- Adan’s Movie/Cable TV Reviews – “Midnight in Paris” Viewed a Decade Later – Better Than I’d Realized – 5 Stars +Yet, familiar as it was, watching it again yesterday, half in the afternoon, the other half before bed (yeah, a luxury of both staying-home and being retired ❤️), remembering how enchanted we’d been seeing this together, ten years ago – it was like it was brand new again!
- Aging Gracefully – Through Covid-19 – Sold My 1st Face Mask, a Paris Mask! @FineArtAmerica!A quick post to announce & celebrate selling my first face mask! Special thanks to my buyer in Ohio! ❤️
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html