Well, it’s past 5pm, didn’t get to paint, but sure got more than a couple of handfuls of chores done, plus, a little touch of art.
Besides some basic necessities, like making breakfast (Sheila and I take turns depending on what we’d like to have), going to SilverSneakers yoga (OMG did I need that this morning 🧘♀️), stopping at Walgreens for “basics” 😊, lunch by Sheila thus dishes by me ☺️, walk 🚶, clean (no, scour 😂) the hanging birdbath (while the weather’s still warm ‘fore the next cold/cool front), restock the hanging bird feeder (a family of cardinals I think feel they’ve found paradise), contact TVGuide cause one of our (Sheila’s really) issues never arrived (rare, though evidently more frequent since so many of the high speed processors were destroyed) – they always do right for us, ie, extend or subscription date, go online for some ending cc balances (due to more mail delays), set-up some transfer protocols for some small cash backs, and (as per a Google alert) change passwords for accounts that were exposed – though not by Google. One of those was for our (mine and Sheila’s 💕) decade old Zumba account! 💃 🕺
Did I mention the creative part yet? 😏
Not too bad really, it’s just I wanted to do more (of course).
I’ve been toying with finally doing some pen and ink work I could then work over with either watercolors or acrylics, or both, or either (see what kind of day it’s been, lol!) I’d seen a really good line and wash video by Peter Woolley on Amazon Prime, and it’s always intrigued me. Plus I’d recently reblogged a watercolor and line sketching post by Margaret Hall and she’s often showed some really neat images that way.
I’d already tried a bit yesterday, with some pens on sturdy watercolor paper, but I’d waken this morning to trying something I hadn’t done much with since I first got my iPad a few years ago, some digital drawing.
I don’t plan to digitally paint on this pattern, at least not any time soon. I very much want to print this out on good thick watercolor or acrylic paper (which I’m reading is “very” challenging) and then paint on that.
Though the digital drawing above is signed, I wouldn’t print it out signed, but sign it when a painting version had been finished. Often, it seems, my usual preferred signing corner is “taken” – at least in the sense the resultant design kinda demands I sign myself elsewhere, lol! 😊
Anyway, it’s just past 7 now, and my 70 year old body (and mind) is tired. Nicely so, but still ☺️
Sometimes getting the bird’s water and food is just too important to risk running out —
And sometimes a touch of creativity is all time’ll allow —
And that’s ok ❤️
Take care all!
Fine some sense in your world’s seams of time,
And often times, there’s just enough to peek your light through 💕 .
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- February 26, 2021 – Day After Our 1st of 2 Covid Shots + Info re 2nd ShotThe young lady above fared fairly well 1st day after our 1st of 2 Moderna Covid shots 😊 A sore arm, a little tired, but able and willing to do today’s SilverSneakers Cardio class! Me? Well 😏
- February 25, 2021 – Got Our 1st of 2 Covid Shots Today!Reposting my FB post here…And a bit more info in general below my pic 😊
- February 25, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Is It a Wrap?Is our #TexasFreeze winter storm over? A wrap? Done and ready to be forgotten?
- February 24, 2021 – The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.2.1 – with CommentaryI’ve no real idea if this is common, a little common, or just plain uncommon, lol, to other artists.
- February 23, 2021 – Texas Hill Country November – circa 2021 Watercolor – Adan’s PhotoPoemsThough an abstract, I think one of the things I like best about Texas Hill Country November, is it captures a little of the sense of the authentic the Texas landscaped outside….
- February 22, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Power is On, Water is Running, Boil Ban is Canceled, and – I Shaved!It’s hard to express the relief in again having the taken-for-granted luxury of running water, power to heat and cool our air and bodies, and being able to stand with family, even if for a short time, even if we knew we’d all four had to have been social distancing / masking – even if out doors in our relatively fresh Austin city air.
- February 21, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Hope is a Wet Blue Line and One Brave Bird in a TreeMy apologies for the break in communication continuity since yesterday morning – it’s been a rough but promising ride, and, I got my own answer as to how come the phrase/idea, “Why the Caged Bird Sings” has always appealed to me 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊