Well, it’s past 5pm, didn’t get to paint, but sure got more than a couple of handfuls of chores done, plus, a little touch of art.
Besides some basic necessities, like making breakfast (Sheila and I take turns depending on what we’d like to have), going to SilverSneakers yoga (OMG did I need that this morning 🧘♀️), stopping at Walgreens for “basics” 😊, lunch by Sheila thus dishes by me ☺️, walk 🚶, clean (no, scour 😂) the hanging birdbath (while the weather’s still warm ‘fore the next cold/cool front), restock the hanging bird feeder (a family of cardinals I think feel they’ve found paradise), contact TVGuide cause one of our (Sheila’s really) issues never arrived (rare, though evidently more frequent since so many of the high speed processors were destroyed) – they always do right for us, ie, extend or subscription date, go online for some ending cc balances (due to more mail delays), set-up some transfer protocols for some small cash backs, and (as per a Google alert) change passwords for accounts that were exposed – though not by Google. One of those was for our (mine and Sheila’s 💕) decade old Zumba account! 💃 🕺
Did I mention the creative part yet? 😏
Not too bad really, it’s just I wanted to do more (of course).
I’ve been toying with finally doing some pen and ink work I could then work over with either watercolors or acrylics, or both, or either (see what kind of day it’s been, lol!) I’d seen a really good line and wash video by Peter Woolley on Amazon Prime, and it’s always intrigued me. Plus I’d recently reblogged a watercolor and line sketching post by Margaret Hall and she’s often showed some really neat images that way.
I’d already tried a bit yesterday, with some pens on sturdy watercolor paper, but I’d waken this morning to trying something I hadn’t done much with since I first got my iPad a few years ago, some digital drawing.
I don’t plan to digitally paint on this pattern, at least not any time soon. I very much want to print this out on good thick watercolor or acrylic paper (which I’m reading is “very” challenging) and then paint on that.
Though the digital drawing above is signed, I wouldn’t print it out signed, but sign it when a painting version had been finished. Often, it seems, my usual preferred signing corner is “taken” – at least in the sense the resultant design kinda demands I sign myself elsewhere, lol! 😊
Anyway, it’s just past 7 now, and my 70 year old body (and mind) is tired. Nicely so, but still ☺️
Sometimes getting the bird’s water and food is just too important to risk running out —
And sometimes a touch of creativity is all time’ll allow —
And that’s ok ❤️
Take care all!
Fine some sense in your world’s seams of time,
And often times, there’s just enough to peek your light through 💕 .
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
- July 28, 2021 – New 25×40 #Acrylic on Canvas In-Progress : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerA chore heat filled day where my keyboard evidently is deciding it’s had it, lol! Hopefully I finish this post 😊 Basically I started the groundwork for my newest painting, acrylic, wanting to settle on my composition before hand, unlike how I handled my just finished watercolor, same size, where I inserted my figure at the end.
- July 27, 2021 – 4 Weeks Running! My Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, Summer is a Lady : #Watercolor on Paper #ContemporaryImpressionismI’m sure I’ve had images repeat as most viewed 4 times in a row, but I wasn’t paying as much attention to that as I try to nowadays 😊 Summer is a Lady continues to simmer atop my selection of photos and artwork and illustrated poetry ♥️
- July 26, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New #Watercolor on Canvas Completed : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerI just took another look at my newly completed painting (above) to try for some settled sentiment I can include for my post, and I do have that – some settled sentiment. I’m still digesting and assimilating what this new work means to me. Though I know it’s incomplete, because I also know this work is more a conscious marker of where I want to head, and feel compelled to head toward, I do have a grasp enough to point out some things that are making themselves more known to me.
- July 25, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New Watercolor on Canvas in-progress, Developing the Right Figure to AddAs you can tell from my top pic, my efforts to progress from my value study and digital studies below are not going great, lol! I take solace from several things —
Thanks again, everyone! 😊