Well, it’s past 5pm, didn’t get to paint, but sure got more than a couple of handfuls of chores done, plus, a little touch of art.
Besides some basic necessities, like making breakfast (Sheila and I take turns depending on what we’d like to have), going to SilverSneakers yoga (OMG did I need that this morning 🧘♀️), stopping at Walgreens for “basics” 😊, lunch by Sheila thus dishes by me ☺️, walk 🚶, clean (no, scour 😂) the hanging birdbath (while the weather’s still warm ‘fore the next cold/cool front), restock the hanging bird feeder (a family of cardinals I think feel they’ve found paradise), contact TVGuide cause one of our (Sheila’s really) issues never arrived (rare, though evidently more frequent since so many of the high speed processors were destroyed) – they always do right for us, ie, extend or subscription date, go online for some ending cc balances (due to more mail delays), set-up some transfer protocols for some small cash backs, and (as per a Google alert) change passwords for accounts that were exposed – though not by Google. One of those was for our (mine and Sheila’s 💕) decade old Zumba account! 💃 🕺
Did I mention the creative part yet? 😏
Not too bad really, it’s just I wanted to do more (of course).
I’ve been toying with finally doing some pen and ink work I could then work over with either watercolors or acrylics, or both, or either (see what kind of day it’s been, lol!) I’d seen a really good line and wash video by Peter Woolley on Amazon Prime, and it’s always intrigued me. Plus I’d recently reblogged a watercolor and line sketching post by Margaret Hall and she’s often showed some really neat images that way.
I’d already tried a bit yesterday, with some pens on sturdy watercolor paper, but I’d waken this morning to trying something I hadn’t done much with since I first got my iPad a few years ago, some digital drawing.
I don’t plan to digitally paint on this pattern, at least not any time soon. I very much want to print this out on good thick watercolor or acrylic paper (which I’m reading is “very” challenging) and then paint on that.
Though the digital drawing above is signed, I wouldn’t print it out signed, but sign it when a painting version had been finished. Often, it seems, my usual preferred signing corner is “taken” – at least in the sense the resultant design kinda demands I sign myself elsewhere, lol! 😊
Anyway, it’s just past 7 now, and my 70 year old body (and mind) is tired. Nicely so, but still ☺️
Sometimes getting the bird’s water and food is just too important to risk running out —
And sometimes a touch of creativity is all time’ll allow —
And that’s ok ❤️
Take care all!
Fine some sense in your world’s seams of time,
And often times, there’s just enough to peek your light through 💕 .
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- October 17, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image For a 2nd Week @FineArtAmerica, Abstract Study 1, #watercolorThough I’ve had some of my images repeat a 2nd week or more, or return again after awhile to place top of my views for the week at Fine Art America, it’s still rare for an abstract of mine to do so. It’s sorta ironic for me, since I began painting in earnest in the 80s creating acrylic abstracts (after fooling around doing clouds and Dali-ish dripping clocks in my 20s 😊), and then….
- October 16, 2021 – My Idea for Promoting My WordPress Blog Posts on Twitter (Besides My Pinned Tweet), Part 2Knowing me, I doubt this’ll be my final tweet format I can use on Twitter to let folks see & know what my most recent blog posts are. I of course tweet the individual blog posts themselves out, often using them here in my posts. But I felt the need for a more inclusive, easy to change to keep up-to-date format and after some earlier incarnations, this tweet above may work for me for awhile, changing the screen shot of my current blogs as needed 😊
- October 15, 2021 – 2nd Time Out Sketching with Austin’s #UrbanSketchers Group! Still a Treat! #PeaseParkThough immensely more challenging this time around for October’s outting with Austin’s Urban Sketchers chapter (heat indexes near 100 – hopefully a forerunner to an expected cool front; traffic challenges due to Austin City Limits festival), and, not particularly enamored with my resultant efforts this time around — — it was so good to talk with other artists! Be out among so many folks and families, and, “try” my 2nd time out painting plein air since (I think) the early 2000s!
- October 14, 2021 – My Idea for Promoting My WordPress Blog Posts on Twitter (Besides My Pinned Tweet), Part 1I have my pinned tweet on my Twitter timeline of course, where I show images of my work on Fine Art America, with link to my site there of course, and, also list my blog site here on WordPress. But as you can tell above, the latter, my WordPress website, gets not that much focus. Though if you’d like to retweet it, please do, lol! 😊 So basically, I asked myself, how – beyond a 2 short lines in the text – can I better promote my WordPress site, along with my Fine Art America site?
- October 13, 2021 – A Good Problem, Lots of Interesting Pics and Posts Developing in My Blog Pipeline! Part 2Recently I posted 3 other canvas paintings I’ve been working on, and here I’m showing the 2 I’d mentioned in that post but didn’t have photo captures of yet. Both are 18×24 on canvas, with light molding paste from Golden, but, at this stage applied slightly differently.
- October 12, 2021 – Reblog/Review : Long Covid Presentation with Patrick McKeown (YouTube)My biggest take away from Patrick McKeown’s hour and a half YouTube presentation (a recorded Zoom session) is how gentle and doable it can be for most of us to go as slow as we need, and we’ll get there – “there” being better easier healthier breathing and as a result, the potential for a happier better life.
- October 11, 2021 – A Good Problem, Lots of Interesting Pics and Posts Developing in My Blog Pipeline! Part 1And the 3 images above do not include 2 more 18×24 semi-abstract semi-figure works, lol! Which is great for my painting and fitness interests, but leaving me a tiny bit in the lurch blogging-time wise – but – with a wealth of new material, well, materializing 😊 It’s my intent to have a blog post for each of these images here plus the two not shown 🤞
Thanks again, everyone! 😊