Looks like this temporary pattern of posting’ll have to hold for now – set up what the day should be like for our move in the morning, then add some pics & short commentary in the evening to show what resulted.
Most of what we took yesterday (Tue, the 20th) were boxed paintings, but one, the acrylic Lady in Paris 1889 which I’d been working on, chosen ’cause the paint would dry quickly minimizing smears & all that, lol, and that one, not too big, at 20×20, was super light, so I just hand carried it. I wish I’d taken a pic of it but we were so pressed to keep moving, and will again today, but will try to make time and take a quick phone camera pic of it. If so (succeeded, in cloudier light, detail at top), it’ll be the second posted image below, right beneath what it looked like 4 days ago, before the last details and highlights were add, on Saturday, April 17th.
Some of the warmer colors in the above version few days’ earlier version still weren’t showing up well, not enough good light, but with the final accents and highlights, and better light, the version below looks much closer to the original, which itself is still much softer and warmer — yesterday the light was sunny in the 80s, today the light for the shot was mostly overcast (even if still a north light) and in the upper 40s! Texas weather 😏
I’ll have a much fuller post on this work once we’re settled in, probably next week 😊
The image below is the shot I captured today with overcast cold north light —
And this is the view of the apt with two days of our car loads of fragile or loose items we chose to shuttle over before the movers arrive tomorrow morning. Calm. Waiting.
Tomorrow’s view, after the 3-man movers crew is done, will be more like rush hour – packed, lol!
Take care everyone! Art is where we can find it – most the time ☺️
I logged in 17K+ steps today, most weight bearing; Sheila 10K+, most scuttling standing sorting.
Soon, a few days more, we can rest ♥️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Art Storage –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- August 03, 2021 – Working a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, Refining the Figure, Developing the BackgroundI wanted to do more on this but things are happening re Covid, in my life. I’ll have more on this very soon – nothing w/me or family here in Austin (despite horrid #s lately), but nearby, also here in Texas. Wonderful how fluid and flexible art is, giving us challenges one day, inspiration on another, and solace even when needed.
- August 02, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, 1st Figure Lay-inI included my most recent updated image from a post a few days ago further below. Besides the figure work (not yet complete), you can see where I continued to rework the area around the figure, setting her off more completely.
- August 01, 2021 – Some Interruptions in Life are BlessingsJust back from an incredible trip to the Galapagos west of Ecuador, wife & I got the opportunity to have the youngest grandchild over. This is from our mid-morning walk in warm dappled light ❤️ I only wish I’d realized the value of this with our own children more fully…
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
- July 28, 2021 – New 25×40 #Acrylic on Canvas In-Progress : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerA chore heat filled day where my keyboard evidently is deciding it’s had it, lol! Hopefully I finish this post 😊 Basically I started the groundwork for my newest painting, acrylic, wanting to settle on my composition before hand, unlike how I handled my just finished watercolor, same size, where I inserted my figure at the end.
Thanks again, everyone! 😊