Looks like this temporary pattern of posting’ll have to hold for now – set up what the day should be like for our move in the morning, then add some pics & short commentary in the evening to show what resulted.
Most of what we took yesterday (Tue, the 20th) were boxed paintings, but one, the acrylic Lady in Paris 1889 which I’d been working on, chosen ’cause the paint would dry quickly minimizing smears & all that, lol, and that one, not too big, at 20×20, was super light, so I just hand carried it. I wish I’d taken a pic of it but we were so pressed to keep moving, and will again today, but will try to make time and take a quick phone camera pic of it. If so (succeeded, in cloudier light, detail at top), it’ll be the second posted image below, right beneath what it looked like 4 days ago, before the last details and highlights were add, on Saturday, April 17th.
Some of the warmer colors in the above version few days’ earlier version still weren’t showing up well, not enough good light, but with the final accents and highlights, and better light, the version below looks much closer to the original, which itself is still much softer and warmer — yesterday the light was sunny in the 80s, today the light for the shot was mostly overcast (even if still a north light) and in the upper 40s! Texas weather 😏
I’ll have a much fuller post on this work once we’re settled in, probably next week 😊
The image below is the shot I captured today with overcast cold north light —
And this is the view of the apt with two days of our car loads of fragile or loose items we chose to shuttle over before the movers arrive tomorrow morning. Calm. Waiting.
Tomorrow’s view, after the 3-man movers crew is done, will be more like rush hour – packed, lol!
Take care everyone! Art is where we can find it – most the time ☺️
I logged in 17K+ steps today, most weight bearing; Sheila 10K+, most scuttling standing sorting.
Soon, a few days more, we can rest ♥️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Art Storage –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 20, 2022 – Will My New #Austin #Photography Poster, Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Join My Austin Pink Sunset Photo and Lou Neff Digital Art Poster in Sales?The question itself, whether Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt will match or join my currently selling best prints, is a question more of hope and companionship for my image of a truly usually bright spot in Austin, the system of greenbelts preserving the water that makes living here even possible ❤️
- May 19, 2022 – Hardest / Best Part of My Strength Class Recently – Releasing Myself a SmileIt’s nearing 8pm and I’m trying to apply an exercise lesson our online SilverSneakers instructor, Michelle, brought up a few times today – smile 😊
- May 18, 2022 – Places In or Near Austin Texas You Can See and Buy My Prints ( Art and Photography ) #PrimalGallery #OldBakery&EmporiumPrints have consistently out-sold my originals if for no other reasons than they are less expensive and usually have more items to choose from. Not bad reasons at all 😊 What I want to do now though is, begin to –
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
- May 14, 2022 – My 1st Classical Stretch Workout with Miranda Esmonde-White ( via YouTube ) in Many Months!Though similar to SilverSneakers’ classes, Miranda’s classes focus largely on making the fascia network in our bodies more fluid. Some movements are very similar, but more extended, dance-like, reflecting Miranda’s ballerina and dance background!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊