An exuberant slash of color and shape swimming with colors and shapes, Dance is a new acrylic abstract I last worked on nearly a month ago in early October. I let it sit, hang on the wall, lean in a corner; recently wired and framed it, and never saw what my wife says she’s seen in the image from the beginning, a figure with its arms raised and bent back, as if stretching fully and opening amongst all the color.
Yes, I’d seen a figure, the prototype actually for another recent acrylic, Angel.
The two images below show my 1st inlay over masking fluid and the finished painting —
Meanwhile I’ve some images of products at Fine Art America I think this looks absolutely stunning on. It’s like my image has taken on a life of its own and I’m trying to catch up to it! In a very good way ❤️ 😊
I think one of the interesting things I’ve been digesting about my painting progress is, looking back now nearly 3 years, when my main medium was water soluble oils, which led to watercolors about a year later, and now onto acrylics (which I used in the 80s & 90s), my continuing progression from pure abstracts to figures and Impressionism, and, evidently, my merging of sensations of all those elements in various degrees, in my work today.
At the very least, it does help me feel I’m not just floundering about – there does seem to be a purpose or path to my progression ☺️
Stay well everyone! Keep exploring, evidently there’s treasures out there! 💕
Direct link to my 2019 abstract art blog post in above tweet 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “abstract women artists” – https://amzn.to/3wkMFY0
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- December 06, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Summer is a LadyThe holidays are upon us, especially if one counts them as extending to Valentines Day, my wife’s birthday ❤️ So it’s especially nice to see this beautiful image crop up again after being most viewed on my Fine Art America site 5 weeks in a row late this past summer!
- December 05, 2021 – Sold! At the Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, Texas – 12×18 Print, Spring is a Lady!My 1st sale of this early watercolor / line art figure painting of mine. Uploaded early spring of this year (2021), it’s gotten fairly nice views, thought it’s twin ( flipped horizontally ), Summer is a Lady has been my most viewed on Fine Art America 1/2 a dozen different weeks! Very glad their both getting attention now, even if via different directions 😊
- December 04, 2021 – Delivering New Art to the Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, Texas – Peace, a New Holiday PaintingPeace, my delivered painting, itself has gone through several metamorphoses to completion, starting way back to August this year (2021) when I was tentatively calling it Holiday Walk; I’d posted about it early September – September 08, 2021 – Developing 2 New Figure Paintings on Light Molding Paste on Canvas – 1 Watercolor, 1 Acrylic with Watercolor Til about a month ago it was still a vertical work, but….
- December 03, 2021 – I Am Tired, But I Am Happy; I’ve Been Painting, A Lot!The above pic contrasts below with this earlier pic shot shot in November —
- December 02, 2021 – My Minimalist Art Experiment, “Abstract Minimalism 1 (in-progress) Part 2, Major ShiftThe large blue area (which I loved) had to be muted (or change the other orange/red areas). Blue bottom areas were also muted. The white/yellow glaze over the blue area tinting it into green. But, do I want to do more? Do I need to do more?
- December 01, 2021 – My Minimalist Art Experiment, “Abstract Minimalism 1 (in-progress) Part 1, a BeginningA funny thing happened on my way to my newest attempt to correctly ( ie, satisfyingly ) extrapolate a detail shot ( variations of which I’m calling, “Approach” ) of one of my paintings (Autumn Passage) — — during the 2nd lay-in, after applying Light Molding Paste over the canvas, I ended up, when I’d see it from a distance, ie through a door from another room, very much liking its basic look; enough so I decided to try and enhance the current stage of the painting, yet, keep it’s basic minimalism intact 😊
- November 30, 2021 – My Idea for Promoting My WordPress Blog Posts on Twitter (With My Pinned Tweet), Part 4And so far, I’m very pleased with how it’s working. It’s saving me a bit of time, yet also keeping tweets going out promoting my more recent posts. I could probably do with slightly more frequently….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊