An exuberant slash of color and shape swimming with colors and shapes, Dance is a new acrylic abstract I last worked on nearly a month ago in early October. I let it sit, hang on the wall, lean in a corner; recently wired and framed it, and never saw what my wife says she’s seen in the image from the beginning, a figure with its arms raised and bent back, as if stretching fully and opening amongst all the color.
Yes, I’d seen a figure, the prototype actually for another recent acrylic, Angel.
The two images below show my 1st inlay over masking fluid and the finished painting —
Meanwhile I’ve some images of products at Fine Art America I think this looks absolutely stunning on. It’s like my image has taken on a life of its own and I’m trying to catch up to it! In a very good way ❤️ 😊
I think one of the interesting things I’ve been digesting about my painting progress is, looking back now nearly 3 years, when my main medium was water soluble oils, which led to watercolors about a year later, and now onto acrylics (which I used in the 80s & 90s), my continuing progression from pure abstracts to figures and Impressionism, and, evidently, my merging of sensations of all those elements in various degrees, in my work today.
At the very least, it does help me feel I’m not just floundering about – there does seem to be a purpose or path to my progression ☺️
Stay well everyone! Keep exploring, evidently there’s treasures out there! 💕
Direct link to my 2019 abstract art blog post in above tweet 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “abstract women artists” – https://amzn.to/3wkMFY0
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊