An exuberant slash of color and shape swimming with colors and shapes, Dance is a new acrylic abstract I last worked on nearly a month ago in early October. I let it sit, hang on the wall, lean in a corner; recently wired and framed it, and never saw what my wife says she’s seen in the image from the beginning, a figure with its arms raised and bent back, as if stretching fully and opening amongst all the color.
Yes, I’d seen a figure, the prototype actually for another recent acrylic, Angel.
The two images below show my 1st inlay over masking fluid and the finished painting —
Meanwhile I’ve some images of products at Fine Art America I think this looks absolutely stunning on. It’s like my image has taken on a life of its own and I’m trying to catch up to it! In a very good way ❤️ 😊
I think one of the interesting things I’ve been digesting about my painting progress is, looking back now nearly 3 years, when my main medium was water soluble oils, which led to watercolors about a year later, and now onto acrylics (which I used in the 80s & 90s), my continuing progression from pure abstracts to figures and Impressionism, and, evidently, my merging of sensations of all those elements in various degrees, in my work today.
At the very least, it does help me feel I’m not just floundering about – there does seem to be a purpose or path to my progression ☺️
Stay well everyone! Keep exploring, evidently there’s treasures out there! 💕
Direct link to my 2019 abstract art blog post in above tweet 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “abstract women artists” – https://amzn.to/3wkMFY0
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 21, 2022 – Sheila & I Are Attending 2 Gallery Openings Today! #PrimalGalleryDS #AustinArtSpaceSheila and I are off to a busy fun art-openings day that include some of my art at two local galleries today – AVAA’s Austin Art Space, and Primal Gallery in nearby Dripping Springs!
- May 20, 2022 – Will My New #Austin #Photography Poster, Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Join My Austin Pink Sunset Photo and Lou Neff Digital Art Poster in Sales?The question itself, whether Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt will match or join my currently selling best prints, is a question more of hope and companionship for my image of a truly usually bright spot in Austin, the system of greenbelts preserving the water that makes living here even possible ❤️
- May 19, 2022 – Hardest / Best Part of My Strength Class Recently – Releasing Myself a SmileIt’s nearing 8pm and I’m trying to apply an exercise lesson our online SilverSneakers instructor, Michelle, brought up a few times today – smile 😊
- May 18, 2022 – Places In or Near Austin Texas You Can See and Buy My Prints ( Art and Photography ) #PrimalGallery #OldBakery&EmporiumPrints have consistently out-sold my originals if for no other reasons than they are less expensive and usually have more items to choose from. Not bad reasons at all 😊 What I want to do now though is, begin to –
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊