When I was younger, say even a 11 years ago when I started this blog, I had enough energy there really wasn’t a question of “enough time” or “energy” – I simply, correctly, assumed I’d be able to squeeze in the time to do all the things I wanted or felt I needed to do. I hadn’t been that long retired, and doing things I wanted to do was easy in comparison to driving or catching a bus to work and back, not to mention all the time and attention to do a good job 😊
Now – lol! – having had a decade+ to develop my interests full blown, plus necessarily prioritizing our health and having discovered the joys of SilverSneakers’ live online classes, even painting has finally met its match for its claim on my time and interests. I don’t mind..and as you can see above, I’m getting better at not having to place the paint “perfectly” on 1st layin anymore. Unless it works out that way…. 💕 This painting though – Seeing – I planned from the beginning on covering over the dark, around the blues, with thick textured translucent tones. Very experimental for me 🤞
Obviously also wouldn’t make much point not having time for the main relationship in my life, my wife, Sheila ☺️
And I want to write about these things, and others, and let ya’ll know things I’m discovering. For example, the last few days I’ve been trying out doing 15 to 20+ minute portions of some 45 minute live SilverSneakers classes via Zoom. I sign in, do as much as I can, and that’s all there is to it! — Like what classes you ask? — Well, EnerChi and Total Body Strength. One’s a slow motion dance balance endurance experience, and the other’s a cardio strength endurance w/out weights or bands ( though one can choose to use them; but not me right now, lol! ).
So if you’ve ever wanted to do a class, but also wanted the option to start in when convenient for you, and leave for whatever reason – and not have to explain why or even be seen leaving – well, these longer experimental-for-now classes are exactly that for me 😊
But I should go, Sheila and I’ve found a new series on AcornTV, Harry Wild, with Jane Seymour ( aka, Medicine Doctor ) & it’s time for our the next episode ☺️
Stay well everyone! Be happy, even if only within your own circle. Sometimes that has to be enough, and sometimes it’s plenty enough! 💕
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 28, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 6 : Adding a 5th ( scumbled ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )I don’t want to forget, souls and spirits that we may be, we are also of and from the Earth we stand upon ❤️
- September 27, 2022 – Now This Sounds Right : “Fed can avoid ‘deep pain’ in inflation fight, Bostic says”One of the fun things of being a lay-person in re to an esoteric topic, like the effect of Federal Reserve actions and statements about folks in my fiscal strata is – long as I’m upfront it’s my opinion – I can say how things appear from my socio-economic perspective.
- September 26, 2022 – Changes to My Blog – No Externally Generated Ads / Blogging As AbleI needed to regroup.
- September 25, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Walk Among the Wildflowers” : circa 2020I’m hoping to catch the deadline to submit it to a new-to-me Austin venue, Bee Caves Arts Foundation. Do wish me luck. It’d be a great add-on to its being my most viewed on Fine Art America this past week 😊🙏
- September 22, 2022 – Clean Energy, Part 5 – The Practical Problem, and, How #Solar Kept the Lights on After Fiona Left #PuertoRico in the DarkThe bulk of the info is a very fairly laid out presentation that a 90% of renewable energy is mostly doable and feasible. The only really debatable portion, and Dan presents pluses and minuses for each possible choice, is how to supply that last needed 10%.
- September 21, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 5 : Adding a 4th ( textured ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )Much enhanced less subtle, but more vibrant, the current stage of development for Danseur en Bleu is nearing a finish.
- September 20, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 7 – #ClimateTweetsA selection of Tweets I’ve Retweeted about #Climate & related topics, both scary & hopeful 😊🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊