Earlier today ( Sunday ) I fully completed my 1st 45 minute class anywhere since I somehow brought on a now 4 month running case of planters fasciitis! Even if their 15 stretch classes are still my best bet for now, lol!
I’ve progressed from store bought orthotics ( 2 variations ) to a dr issued pair, and finally a custom orthotic that works much better than I expected or had given up hoping for. So of course I over did it today, taking two long walks, the long class ( the standing portions being the challenging part for my left foot ).
But I didn’t really start feeling a pull and ache ( less than usual at that ) til evening, so that’s really good!
If you missed some of my pics of the variety of classes offered, 7 days a week, check out my most recent SilverSneakers post with sample pics of the class schedules and instructors.
Or better yet, if you wanna see a week or so’s classes in one browsing, go to – https://tools.silversneakers.com/Search/OnlineClasses
On a related note, I did mention in one of my recent SilverSneakers posts I had several 2011-12 yoga & creativity posts still available on my site. Here’s 3 I found :
- Creativity & Awareness, a Conscious Response to Adaptation in Fitness & Yoga – Aug 02, 2011
- Creativity & Yoga, Thoughts – Nov 09, 2011
- Choice and Intent, the Creative Challenge in Yoga Sports & Creativity – Jan 18, 2012
One of those posts had this neat digital image!
Stay well everyone! Sometime later, but not real later, I’ll write about how strength training, which I’ve always liked but didn’t pay much attention to, have been the most effective in getting me back into yoga & walking mode again, tentative and baby-stepped as those latter fun things to do still are in my life 😊
Suddenly liking using bands and weights has been a surprise, though it shouldn’t’ve been I guess. The 15 minute live SilverSneakers strength classes are, well, quick, lol! But like their other classes I like, stretching and yoga, they’re filled with surprising little tweaks and variations, imagery and pacing that makes them appeal to me for the 1st time in most my life.
Before that, strength was just something that happened in most of my usual everyday lifestyle activities.
At 71, it’s evident now I needed an appealing boost, lol! 💪
More humor, more fun, in shorter time frames 😊
Stay well everyone! 💕
my varied posts re SilverSneakers here on my site can be accessed via —
and my classes re Yoga, also here on my site, can be found via —
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Where You Can See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
- May 14, 2022 – My 1st Classical Stretch Workout with Miranda Esmonde-White ( via YouTube ) in Many Months!Though similar to SilverSneakers’ classes, Miranda’s classes focus largely on making the fascia network in our bodies more fluid. Some movements are very similar, but more extended, dance-like, reflecting Miranda’s ballerina and dance background!
- May 13, 2022 – “Angel” in AVAA’s 1st Austin Art Space Gallery and Studio Group Show in a Long Time!Just a very quick post to announce that my 18×24 inch acrylic on stretched canvas, Angel – has been accepted into Austin Visual Arts Association’s ( AVAA) 1st group show since ( I believe ) the pandemic. Definitely been a long time coming and feels great to be able to be showing with this long time Austin art association again! 😊
- May 12, 2022 – Updated My #Twitter Header Image and Pinned TweetThough Twitter’s future is up in the air, or ether, or virtual landscape; and my own “footprint” there and social media in general is micro-whatever, lol! — it’s still my micro existence, and I want to care for it best I can 😊
- May 11, 2022 – Reblog / Review : Joan Mitchell, “I carry my landscapes around with me” – #Polyptychs…my reading of Joan Mitchell’s work – while often including much of that same connection, speaks more directly to me about the impact of the canvas before me in that process. Especially most specifically in regard to Joan’s work with multi-panel / multi-canvas works of art – ie, polyptychs!
- May 10, 2022 – BW Impressionist Abstract 1, Completed!A few posts back, about a new diptych in-progress, Freedom, in the 2nd 1/2 of the post, I mentioned having another in-progress work, BW Impressionist Abstract 1, that the 9 year old ( our youngest grandchild ) said he really liked, but wanted more “gold” in it, and pointed out where & how much more gold paint 😊 So I took him at his word & did the changes –
Thanks again, everyone! 😊