My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
This is a longer more involved post than usual, though I‘ll try to keep it short on talk, lol!
If it helps, and you’d like to skip to a section you like right away, they are:
Thanks ya’ll 😊
Silver Sneakers Yoga at Golds Gym 12.19.19
Record low out our way south of central Austin but temps rose nicely as the sun came out. I usually like to stay back at the apt so I can walk on pretty days like Thursday, but I’d done the new stability class from SilverSneakers at Golds Gym Monday, so I opted to go w/Sheila to the yoga class Thursday. Time to see how I hold up doing two classes working my balance and core 😊
I thought this reflection-selfie of me peeking out from the piles of weight (who uses those in that room?) was kinda neat, lol! The seniors’ weights btw are on the opposite side of the room. You know, 1-5 lbs ones, lol! 😂
Sheila’s way in the distance in the maroon top. The class was just setting up; we like to get their a little early – me to walk the track a bit 1st & Sheila to see her friends. By the time class started there was rows and rows of chairs & folks standing.
Both the yoga and stability classes from SilverSneakers were much more doable than the yoga class I’d taken ‘bout two months ago, yet also very challenging. I felt it in my legs esp the next two nights – all those squats and one leg balances, some w/an added twisting motion!
Now I just need to keep up the two classes as able (sometimes I have to deliver art the same time, or help out at the Old Bakery). But definitely should be being able to attend more often now! ❤️
Blue Hole Municipal Park Wimberley Texas 12.19.19
(w/Sheila & youngest grandchild)
After the SilverSneakers Class Thursday morning, Sheila & I went to Buda just south of Austin to meet the youngest girl and pick up the 6 year old. Turned out we were only 30 minutes from Wimberley and Blue Hole Regional Park from Buda! With the day cool but still sunny. We headed out there. Not many weather or school’s-out days combined where it’s good to do a quick hour or two visit.
The water, as ever, was crystal clear,, and my reflection-selfie, this time in the water, was a surprise! I look like a sea monster reaching out from the water, lol!
Here, in the picture above, I’ve circled a few things to show how clear the water is – bottom right is about 8 feet or more deep and clear to the creek bottom! Bottom left and upper right circles are cypress tree leaf remnants floating on the water.
Really beautiful we thought, well, except for the 6 year old, who dubbed this white hole vs blue hole 😊 He was a little grumpy with cedar fever allergies, but grandma (below) cheered him up 💕
This area above is part of the creek’s shoreline up to the limestone cliffs behind Sheila & Max. The table tops are made from the natural rock of the area; pretty nice! 😊
This is a very different view from just a few months ago. Barren of lush green leaves, there’s still a stark peaceful winter beauty I think. Though I could kinda see why he thought Blue Hole did quite fit as well as it’d had few months back 😊
1st Prep of Golden Absorbent Ground 12.20.19
Friday turned into a great day to stay inside and get started on a new project! The rain had started hours sooner than expected and gradually increased from showers to steady rain the rest of the day – only our 2nd day of measurable rain (as per the weatherman) the whole month of December!
Above are two of my new 6×6 gallery wrap squares. I followed the instructions on various sites, including Golden, and laid on layer on in one direction, smoothed out the brush marks well enough to my liking, let them dry (several hours), then brushed a 2nd layer the opposite direction. The 2nd layer also had just a touch of water added, not just to make it flow better, but as per the instructions, to make each subsequent layer less dense so they wouldn’t crack.
The light had begun to fade, and even with my daylight bulbs, a bit of outdoor light left, and my glasses, I couldn’t make out the surface that well, lol! So I took some pics 😊
Above is a very close up of the surface after two layers. Almost has a paper look and feel to it, as advertised! And below, is the original canvas before the two applications (all I’m gonna try for these first two test-attempts at washes then a finished painting).
Again, a very close up, this time showing the original canvas weave, much more symmetrical and consistent in texture and pattern. The absorbent ground layered versions are more like natural terrain, with a little more natural unevenness.
Today (Saturday), I’ve already been to the Old Bakery for some volunteer time, and it’s already mid-afternoon, but I hope to get the next stage done.
Last night I picked two images, cropped them to squares, and adjusted the coloring to my liking, for a painting anyways ❤️
So the “next” stage, to hopefully prevent me from creating a wash more problematic for my hoped for painting than useful, is to do like I did with my 1st acrylic since the 80s, Floating Blooms – sketch out a Notan.
With Floating Blooms, and with these two projects, I’ll do a rough Notan, and hopefully this’ll guide me how to dash in my 1st ever washes in acrylic on Absorbent Ground!
Showing my two prospective floral photos (cropped from my own original photography from this past spring) and my Notan attempts for them is hopefully what I’ll have for tomorrow’s My Yesterday in Pictures 😊
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- New SilverSneakers Exercise Streaming Opportunity on Facebook Monday 03.23.20 10:30 CSTI’m glad SilverSneakers has already added/scheduled a followup to this week’s initial live class stream – very much looking forward to it! 💕
- Update / Review : SilverSneakers Exercise Streaming Opportunity on Facebook Thursday 03.19.20Jenny, the instructor, carried all the energy and humor and relatedness that can only be found in a live class, and only surpassed by a live class of the same caliber teacher but with equally real time feedback to the participants in the class.
- SilverSneakers Exercise Streaming Opportunity on Facebook Thursday 03.19.20At a time when so many resources are being curtailed, and much needed other health resources are just beginning to be provided, it’s good, and very welcome, that such a solid standby for seniors as SilverSneakers is providing this.
- Flowering at Dawn – New Watercolor with Absorbent Ground Painting Progress Update 03.13.20 Plus Thoughts on the Virus Crisis 😊Having interests, passions even, one can pursue, and let’s say pursue relatively easily, is important for everyone, but especially, I think, for young children and for older adults. I’ll let each person decide what an older adult, or a young child, lol, is, age-wise 💕
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 12 – Snow Waterfront Park Walk, Digital Art Photography circa 2016From archival prints to yoga mats and coffee mugs, see it all here – Snow Waterfront Park Walk ©Felipe Adan Lerma https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/featured/snow-waterfront-park-walk-felipe-adan-lerma.html
- Closed my eBay Listings, For Now 03.11.20In my continuing effort to grapple with getting a handle on my time, combined with the fees and lack of sales, I’ve suspended my listings on eBay for now.To be fair, due to time choices, I didn’t do as much advertising and social media as I could have, at least without taking more time out […]
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 11 – Orange Sky Tree Tops, Photography circa 2016From archival prints to yoga mats and coffee mugs, see it all here – Orange Sky Tree Tops ©Felipe Adan Lerma https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/featured/orange-sky-tree-tops-felipe-adan-lerma.html
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html