As my October birth month approaches, I’d begun tinkering with the idea for this post for a few weeks, with the initial thrust for the title being a kinda play on words and near-history, when – at least here in Texas – 70 was the mainstay speed limit, vs 55.
The “play” was that when I was younger, ala me below, circa ‘bout 2010 or ‘11 😊, I’d imprinted the idea of “70” being the limit, for pressing beyond my expectations physically as a way of keeping myself fit.
I never really ever considered 55 my limit, especially considering when I was 55, I’d been Jazzercising with my wife for half a decade, and weighed nearly 40 pounds more than in my pic below, when I started turning my health & fitness around. I’m now 15-20 lbs even lighter now (circa 2020)!
Doubts about whether 70 would actually be that major a birthday marker for me, in terms of how hard and how far to push myself, held me back from developing thIs post though, until today!
I’d worked my way into going to a stability class Mondays, a Vinyasa yoga flow (including mat work) on Wednesday evenings, and a seated/standing yoga flow SilverSneakers class on Fridays. In between I also went to the gym, but worked various strength machines and walked the indoor track. All while maintaining a 7500 to 10K step count each day including weekends.
And painting. And fixing up my “art room.”
That included organizing my paints, assembling two new art carts (not as bad as I’d feared), and hesitantly-fearfully-anxiously throwing away anything I could bare to part with 😊
And taking care of our new plants on our balcony – I posted a pic of my 1st Hibiscus bloom ever on Facebook ❤️ & got the most likes etc in a very long time! https://www.facebook.com/100002262625128/posts/3143963045689085/
We have very nice new resin pot to replant it into, but that’ll have to wait, at least a little bit 😊
Anyway, bottomline, I hit my endurance wall today.
I do also blame the Texas heat, Austin pollution & pollen, and most anything else I don’t like, lol! 😂
But I overdid it. Either completely – or just too fast too much! 😓
I’ve a feeling I may be able to cheat the 70 mph lifestyle-speed-limit a bit as I condition myself more, and if I pace better.
And I tell ya – that two hour nap this afternoon was baby-sweet! ☺️
Stay well everyone, be healthy as you can!
And happy as needed! ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 05, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Urban Forest Austin TexasAnother of my idea-searches for something at least relatively easy for me to post when I’d rather be painting, eating, sleeping, walking, or other random unrelated surprise opportunities the day might bring 😊
- May 05, 2021 – Lady in Paris 1889, My Newest #AcrylicPainting Upload @FineArtAmerica* I began Lady in Paris 1889 in July last year, nearly a year ago now, and am glad to say I reached a resolution of how I wanted it to look, or more to the point, how I wanted it to feel, and finally uploaded it to Fine Art America yesterday ♥️
- May 04, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Mountain CloudsAnother of my idea-searches for something at least relatively easy for me to post when I’d rather be painting, eating, sleeping, walking, or other random unrelated surprise opportunities the day might bring 😊
- May 04, 2021 – Volleyball Digger Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmericaQuick post to let folks know the 3rd of my seven Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Blocker, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items!
- May 03, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, 60s Style Mini-School BusAnother of my idea-searches for something at least relatively easy for me to post when I’d rather be painting, eating, sleeping, walking, or other random unrelated surprise opportunities the day might bring 😊
- May 03, 2021 – My Two Most Viewed Images This Week @FineArtAmerica, One Light, One Dark, One New, One Old, One Photo, One PaintingThere’s something especially nice when two of my images, each so distinct from the other, both come up nearly even in my most viewed count for the week at Fine Art America 💕
- May 02, 2021 – Contemplation Sunday : Moving During COVID-19, Exploring New Surroundings, Family, Art“Sunshine and higher temps broke out after nearly a week of slight to moderate rain and cloud cover…Like most things in life, the cooling off before the big heat of summer was a welcome relief, and the return of sunshine and ability to get around with slip-sliding was also. Variability, in some things, must be a good thing indeed! 😊 “
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html