As my October birth month approaches, I’d begun tinkering with the idea for this post for a few weeks, with the initial thrust for the title being a kinda play on words and near-history, when – at least here in Texas – 70 was the mainstay speed limit, vs 55.
The “play” was that when I was younger, ala me below, circa ‘bout 2010 or ‘11 😊, I’d imprinted the idea of “70” being the limit, for pressing beyond my expectations physically as a way of keeping myself fit.
I never really ever considered 55 my limit, especially considering when I was 55, I’d been Jazzercising with my wife for half a decade, and weighed nearly 40 pounds more than in my pic below, when I started turning my health & fitness around. I’m now 15-20 lbs even lighter now (circa 2020)!
Doubts about whether 70 would actually be that major a birthday marker for me, in terms of how hard and how far to push myself, held me back from developing thIs post though, until today!
I’d worked my way into going to a stability class Mondays, a Vinyasa yoga flow (including mat work) on Wednesday evenings, and a seated/standing yoga flow SilverSneakers class on Fridays. In between I also went to the gym, but worked various strength machines and walked the indoor track. All while maintaining a 7500 to 10K step count each day including weekends.
And painting. And fixing up my “art room.”
That included organizing my paints, assembling two new art carts (not as bad as I’d feared), and hesitantly-fearfully-anxiously throwing away anything I could bare to part with 😊
And taking care of our new plants on our balcony – I posted a pic of my 1st Hibiscus bloom ever on Facebook ❤️ & got the most likes etc in a very long time! https://www.facebook.com/100002262625128/posts/3143963045689085/
We have very nice new resin pot to replant it into, but that’ll have to wait, at least a little bit 😊
Anyway, bottomline, I hit my endurance wall today.
I do also blame the Texas heat, Austin pollution & pollen, and most anything else I don’t like, lol! 😂
But I overdid it. Either completely – or just too fast too much! 😓
I’ve a feeling I may be able to cheat the 70 mph lifestyle-speed-limit a bit as I condition myself more, and if I pace better.
And I tell ya – that two hour nap this afternoon was baby-sweet! ☺️
Stay well everyone, be healthy as you can!
And happy as needed! ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- February 25, 2021 – Got Our 1st of 2 Covid Shots Today!Reposting my FB post here…And a bit more info in general below my pic 😊
- February 25, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Is It a Wrap?Is our #TexasFreeze winter storm over? A wrap? Done and ready to be forgotten?
- February 24, 2021 – The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.2.1 – with CommentaryI’ve no real idea if this is common, a little common, or just plain uncommon, lol, to other artists.
- February 23, 2021 – Texas Hill Country November – circa 2021 Watercolor – Adan’s PhotoPoemsThough an abstract, I think one of the things I like best about Texas Hill Country November, is it captures a little of the sense of the authentic the Texas landscaped outside….
- February 22, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Power is On, Water is Running, Boil Ban is Canceled, and – I Shaved!It’s hard to express the relief in again having the taken-for-granted luxury of running water, power to heat and cool our air and bodies, and being able to stand with family, even if for a short time, even if we knew we’d all four had to have been social distancing / masking – even if out doors in our relatively fresh Austin city air.
- February 21, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Hope is a Wet Blue Line and One Brave Bird in a TreeMy apologies for the break in communication continuity since yesterday morning – it’s been a rough but promising ride, and, I got my own answer as to how come the phrase/idea, “Why the Caged Bird Sings” has always appealed to me 😊
- February 20, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Possible Light End of A Cold TunnelThe Texas Tribune has lots of articles examining both the overall and details of this disaster. A major component, as voiced from different directions, is cost —
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html