As my October birth month approaches, I’d begun tinkering with the idea for this post for a few weeks, with the initial thrust for the title being a kinda play on words and near-history, when – at least here in Texas – 70 was the mainstay speed limit, vs 55.
The “play” was that when I was younger, ala me below, circa ‘bout 2010 or ‘11 😊, I’d imprinted the idea of “70” being the limit, for pressing beyond my expectations physically as a way of keeping myself fit.
I never really ever considered 55 my limit, especially considering when I was 55, I’d been Jazzercising with my wife for half a decade, and weighed nearly 40 pounds more than in my pic below, when I started turning my health & fitness around. I’m now 15-20 lbs even lighter now (circa 2020)!
Doubts about whether 70 would actually be that major a birthday marker for me, in terms of how hard and how far to push myself, held me back from developing thIs post though, until today!
I’d worked my way into going to a stability class Mondays, a Vinyasa yoga flow (including mat work) on Wednesday evenings, and a seated/standing yoga flow SilverSneakers class on Fridays. In between I also went to the gym, but worked various strength machines and walked the indoor track. All while maintaining a 7500 to 10K step count each day including weekends.
And painting. And fixing up my “art room.”
That included organizing my paints, assembling two new art carts (not as bad as I’d feared), and hesitantly-fearfully-anxiously throwing away anything I could bare to part with 😊
And taking care of our new plants on our balcony – I posted a pic of my 1st Hibiscus bloom ever on Facebook ❤️ & got the most likes etc in a very long time! https://www.facebook.com/100002262625128/posts/3143963045689085/
We have very nice new resin pot to replant it into, but that’ll have to wait, at least a little bit 😊
Anyway, bottomline, I hit my endurance wall today.
I do also blame the Texas heat, Austin pollution & pollen, and most anything else I don’t like, lol! 😂
But I overdid it. Either completely – or just too fast too much! 😓
I’ve a feeling I may be able to cheat the 70 mph lifestyle-speed-limit a bit as I condition myself more, and if I pace better.
And I tell ya – that two hour nap this afternoon was baby-sweet! ☺️
Stay well everyone, be healthy as you can!
And happy as needed! ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html