As my October birth month approaches, I’d begun tinkering with the idea for this post for a few weeks, with the initial thrust for the title being a kinda play on words and near-history, when – at least here in Texas – 70 was the mainstay speed limit, vs 55.
The “play” was that when I was younger, ala me below, circa ‘bout 2010 or ‘11 😊, I’d imprinted the idea of “70” being the limit, for pressing beyond my expectations physically as a way of keeping myself fit.
I never really ever considered 55 my limit, especially considering when I was 55, I’d been Jazzercising with my wife for half a decade, and weighed nearly 40 pounds more than in my pic below, when I started turning my health & fitness around. I’m now 15-20 lbs even lighter now (circa 2020)!
Doubts about whether 70 would actually be that major a birthday marker for me, in terms of how hard and how far to push myself, held me back from developing thIs post though, until today!
I’d worked my way into going to a stability class Mondays, a Vinyasa yoga flow (including mat work) on Wednesday evenings, and a seated/standing yoga flow SilverSneakers class on Fridays. In between I also went to the gym, but worked various strength machines and walked the indoor track. All while maintaining a 7500 to 10K step count each day including weekends.
And painting. And fixing up my “art room.”
That included organizing my paints, assembling two new art carts (not as bad as I’d feared), and hesitantly-fearfully-anxiously throwing away anything I could bare to part with 😊
And taking care of our new plants on our balcony – I posted a pic of my 1st Hibiscus bloom ever on Facebook ❤️ & got the most likes etc in a very long time! https://www.facebook.com/100002262625128/posts/3143963045689085/
We have very nice new resin pot to replant it into, but that’ll have to wait, at least a little bit 😊
Anyway, bottomline, I hit my endurance wall today.
I do also blame the Texas heat, Austin pollution & pollen, and most anything else I don’t like, lol! 😂
But I overdid it. Either completely – or just too fast too much! 😓
I’ve a feeling I may be able to cheat the 70 mph lifestyle-speed-limit a bit as I condition myself more, and if I pace better.
And I tell ya – that two hour nap this afternoon was baby-sweet! ☺️
Stay well everyone, be healthy as you can!
And happy as needed! ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 21, 2022 – Sheila & I Are Attending 2 Gallery Openings Today! #PrimalGalleryDS #AustinArtSpaceSheila and I are off to a busy fun art-openings day that include some of my art at two local galleries today – AVAA’s Austin Art Space, and Primal Gallery in nearby Dripping Springs!
- May 20, 2022 – Will My New #Austin #Photography Poster, Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Join My Austin Pink Sunset Photo and Lou Neff Digital Art Poster in Sales?The question itself, whether Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt will match or join my currently selling best prints, is a question more of hope and companionship for my image of a truly usually bright spot in Austin, the system of greenbelts preserving the water that makes living here even possible ❤️
- May 19, 2022 – Hardest / Best Part of My Strength Class Recently – Releasing Myself a SmileIt’s nearing 8pm and I’m trying to apply an exercise lesson our online SilverSneakers instructor, Michelle, brought up a few times today – smile 😊
- May 18, 2022 – Places In or Near Austin Texas You Can See and Buy My Prints ( Art and Photography ) #PrimalGallery #OldBakery&EmporiumPrints have consistently out-sold my originals if for no other reasons than they are less expensive and usually have more items to choose from. Not bad reasons at all 😊 What I want to do now though is, begin to –
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html