As my October birth month approaches, I’d begun tinkering with the idea for this post for a few weeks, with the initial thrust for the title being a kinda play on words and near-history, when – at least here in Texas – 70 was the mainstay speed limit, vs 55.
The “play” was that when I was younger, ala me below, circa ‘bout 2010 or ‘11 😊, I’d imprinted the idea of “70” being the limit, for pressing beyond my expectations physically as a way of keeping myself fit.
I never really ever considered 55 my limit, especially considering when I was 55, I’d been Jazzercising with my wife for half a decade, and weighed nearly 40 pounds more than in my pic below, when I started turning my health & fitness around. I’m now 15-20 lbs even lighter now (circa 2020)!
Doubts about whether 70 would actually be that major a birthday marker for me, in terms of how hard and how far to push myself, held me back from developing thIs post though, until today!
I’d worked my way into going to a stability class Mondays, a Vinyasa yoga flow (including mat work) on Wednesday evenings, and a seated/standing yoga flow SilverSneakers class on Fridays. In between I also went to the gym, but worked various strength machines and walked the indoor track. All while maintaining a 7500 to 10K step count each day including weekends.
And painting. And fixing up my “art room.”
That included organizing my paints, assembling two new art carts (not as bad as I’d feared), and hesitantly-fearfully-anxiously throwing away anything I could bare to part with 😊
And taking care of our new plants on our balcony – I posted a pic of my 1st Hibiscus bloom ever on Facebook ❤️ & got the most likes etc in a very long time! https://www.facebook.com/100002262625128/posts/3143963045689085/
We have very nice new resin pot to replant it into, but that’ll have to wait, at least a little bit 😊
Anyway, bottomline, I hit my endurance wall today.
I do also blame the Texas heat, Austin pollution & pollen, and most anything else I don’t like, lol! 😂
But I overdid it. Either completely – or just too fast too much! 😓
I’ve a feeling I may be able to cheat the 70 mph lifestyle-speed-limit a bit as I condition myself more, and if I pace better.
And I tell ya – that two hour nap this afternoon was baby-sweet! ☺️
Stay well everyone, be healthy as you can!
And happy as needed! ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 27, 2022 – Now This Sounds Right : “Fed can avoid ‘deep pain’ in inflation fight, Bostic says”One of the fun things of being a lay-person in re to an esoteric topic, like the effect of Federal Reserve actions and statements about folks in my fiscal strata is – long as I’m upfront it’s my opinion – I can say how things appear from my socio-economic perspective.
- September 26, 2022 – Changes to My Blog – No Externally Generated Ads / Blogging As AbleI needed to regroup.
- September 25, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Walk Among the Wildflowers” : circa 2020I’m hoping to catch the deadline to submit it to a new-to-me Austin venue, Bee Caves Arts Foundation. Do wish me luck. It’d be a great add-on to its being my most viewed on Fine Art America this past week 😊🙏
- September 22, 2022 – Clean Energy, Part 5 – The Practical Problem, and, How #Solar Kept the Lights on After Fiona Left #PuertoRico in the DarkThe bulk of the info is a very fairly laid out presentation that a 90% of renewable energy is mostly doable and feasible. The only really debatable portion, and Dan presents pluses and minuses for each possible choice, is how to supply that last needed 10%.
- September 21, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 5 : Adding a 4th ( textured ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )Much enhanced less subtle, but more vibrant, the current stage of development for Danseur en Bleu is nearing a finish.
- September 20, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 7 – #ClimateTweetsA selection of Tweets I’ve Retweeted about #Climate & related topics, both scary & hopeful 😊🙏
- September 19, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 4 : Adding a 3rd ( pink ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )I only painted a few minutes, ten or so, after mixing matte gel medium and a touch of acrylic rose, and I could only do it because I’m hopeful!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html