As mentioned in my post introducing my Impressionist Product page on Amazon, I recently applied for and was invited to create an Amazon shopping page with products I would like to recommend!
[ Update note below added 120820 😊 ]
I’ve begun a new series of posts, My Amazon 2020 Holiday Affiliated Recommendations (items my wife and I have bought and like ❤️) —
My General Product Page & My Idea Pages
There’s a general page, which lists both personal & art items I either have bought, or would like to buy, plus, there’s what’s called Idea pages —
This is my 2nd Idea page, and it’s for items I have, or would like to have, to do my Art & Photography 📸 🎨 😊
My Art & Photography page, shown above, besides paints, includes pure marble dust, a tripod, the one inch sensor Cannon compact I use, a Notan design book I recently bought & began, a foam board cutter, and even the mailing tube I really like & have for mailing my 12×18 inch posters – all items I own and use.
Sample Product from My Art & Photography Idea Page
The image projector currently listed as the 1st item (because it was the most recently added) is a purchase I’m seriously contemplating, not for copying art from one surface to another (though the reviews say it works great for that), but for projecting altered versions of images I’ve captured of my own work in progress I haven’t had that “moment” yet, that tells me it’s done, to literally see if some contemplated changes are the direction I want to go with it before I call it done.
I’ve some serious image comparisons I’m working up for a painting I really love, but have always felt could be better (typical, right, lol!) I can and have printed out current versions of a work-in-progress, because seeing the flat photo vs the (often) textured work in front of me, lets me slowly contemplate what are basically Notan design principles (like in the book above) that are evidently (still reading) actualized realizations in the work right in front of me – my work!
Being able to see any variation on a screen as I worked on a painting, vs printing & reprinting sample to pin up and toss, would be extremely helpful for me. I’ve only done a few work like that, Austin at Night, a 36×48 gallery wrap oil (private collection), being the most extensive instance. I’d print out color copies and take them to work with me, have them pasted near my computer in my work station, and, in moments, doing other work, my eyes would come across the print out, and see something I felt out of place, not strong enough, not graduated enough, not something. Considering this is the only work I’ve ever been offered – right off – the most to this day I still would have received for any one piece of my work, the experience has stayed with me….
I mention this because some of the products I list in my Idea pages, can and have changed my artistic life. My Cannon camera. My supply of pure Marble Dust (still in its infancy experimentally). Possibly this new projector…
My blog post for what and how the projected (ala printed to study) may work for me is percolating, complicated, over-lapping.
But I’ll give one instance of what would probably be in that post, so’s even I may better understand why I’m thinking this “gadget” (work tool really 😊) could be so helpful for me.
Below are 3 images. All BW. All variations of a work already done, unless I choose to try and apply what I see – though I probably’ ll be better off applying the same idea/principles to a new work. Which one, do you think, is the current work? Why are there 3 variations already? It has to do with shifts in the black point of an image (adjustable via my iPhone XR). And, it has to do with creating a BW variation of the original for my Fine Art America site. I’ve read a straight conversion of even a successful color photo (and this is a painting no less) rarely produces a satisfactory BW. Changes have to happen.
So I created a BW version I like for a BW. Captured the current greyscale of my currently finished work. Adjusted the black point of the color image of my color painting, and printed that BW conversion. It’s very interesting the interactions and the successful and non-successful transfers from color to BW – in terms of what I would most like each style image to feel and look like, both the BW & the color versions.
I guess I’m also giving away not only my immersion into painting as I really get started again, but how even working with the image as an image vexes me! The possibilities are so endless. My only satisfying solution has always been to reach the point where I am undeniably so satisfied I don’t want to change it anymore, neither add to or take away from 😊
So, seeing on screen, or a small printed copy, is one thing.
But to be able to project it several feet wide or tall, on a screen beside me, like a model, that, I think, would be very cool 😎 Ahhhahaha, couldn’t resist inserting my iPad’s emoji suggestion, lol!
But I do really think it would be very cool ☺️
The Thought Bubble Notations Above Many of the Products
There are also small thought-bubbles over the images on the actual page for any item I’m familiar with. I’ve notated those thought bubbles with personal commentary of my experience with each product. Pretty neat! 😊
And, like I like to remind folks of, you can always start a new search of your own, from any one of the posted images, as each is a live link!
Below are some other suggestions of collections of items I’d like to have or do have.
My Amazon Affiliate Search Products
Adan’s Art & Photography Supplies, Materials, Books & Videos
Plus, These Items Below 😊
You can also begin a new search from any image below
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
- July 28, 2021 – New 25×40 #Acrylic on Canvas In-Progress : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerA chore heat filled day where my keyboard evidently is deciding it’s had it, lol! Hopefully I finish this post 😊 Basically I started the groundwork for my newest painting, acrylic, wanting to settle on my composition before hand, unlike how I handled my just finished watercolor, same size, where I inserted my figure at the end.
- July 27, 2021 – 4 Weeks Running! My Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, Summer is a Lady : #Watercolor on Paper #ContemporaryImpressionismI’m sure I’ve had images repeat as most viewed 4 times in a row, but I wasn’t paying as much attention to that as I try to nowadays 😊 Summer is a Lady continues to simmer atop my selection of photos and artwork and illustrated poetry ♥️
- July 26, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New #Watercolor on Canvas Completed : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerI just took another look at my newly completed painting (above) to try for some settled sentiment I can include for my post, and I do have that – some settled sentiment. I’m still digesting and assimilating what this new work means to me. Though I know it’s incomplete, because I also know this work is more a conscious marker of where I want to head, and feel compelled to head toward, I do have a grasp enough to point out some things that are making themselves more known to me.
- July 25, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New Watercolor on Canvas in-progress, Developing the Right Figure to AddAs you can tell from my top pic, my efforts to progress from my value study and digital studies below are not going great, lol! I take solace from several things —
My Related Posts Here On My Blog