Recently I uploaded a SilverSneakers stability class post, talked a little about how good the class was, both in terms of social distancing and the instructor, but hadn’t been able to get some pics – but now I have! 😊
I spoke about how good, Curt, the SilverSneakers instructor was, especially for stability class, and especially considering how big a person he is!
He’s a professional trainer, loves working with seniors, and isn’t afraid to “uh-oh” when he teeters on one leg and needs to reset. Professional acumen with grace. What a treat!
And you can see that the seniors in the class, exceptionally well distanced and w/masks or bandannas, are equally game ❤️ – some wisely using the nearby chair as a prop, others free-standing, but as I myself know, game as we seniors are, always glad the chair’s there for support ☺️
In times past, before Covid-19, this large well lit mirrored room would fit 30+ seniors.
As you can tell by the expanded view, chairs and weights and blocks are all also available.
My own experience, as a former certified group and Zumba and SilverSneakers instructor, is this is the style and type of instructor folks seek out and stick with. And fortunately, Gold’s Gym seems to be following that idea, as the yoga and stretch instructors teaching on the other days, though much younger than Curt’s mid-50s, also seem very mindful and open to seniors’ issues. SilverSneakers is I’m sure, very glad to be fortunate to have such enterprising folks teaching! 💕
Curt can be reached at Gold’s Gym at –
(Austin) 512-326-1199, and george.holland@GoldsGym.com .
My SilverSneakers posts here are at –
SilverSneakers also has online on-demand classes at –
Plus SilverSneakers offers live and recorded 30 minute or less classes on FaceBook at –
Take care everyone! Stay healthy! ❤️
We’ve lots of options compared to historical events like this in the past 😊
[ note added 121220 ] –
I’ve an updated post with another pic of Curt at –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
- May 14, 2022 – My 1st Classical Stretch Workout with Miranda Esmonde-White ( via YouTube ) in Many Months!Though similar to SilverSneakers’ classes, Miranda’s classes focus largely on making the fascia network in our bodies more fluid. Some movements are very similar, but more extended, dance-like, reflecting Miranda’s ballerina and dance background!
- May 13, 2022 – “Angel” in AVAA’s 1st Austin Art Space Gallery and Studio Group Show in a Long Time!Just a very quick post to announce that my 18×24 inch acrylic on stretched canvas, Angel – has been accepted into Austin Visual Arts Association’s ( AVAA) 1st group show since ( I believe ) the pandemic. Definitely been a long time coming and feels great to be able to be showing with this long time Austin art association again! 😊
- May 12, 2022 – Updated My #Twitter Header Image and Pinned TweetThough Twitter’s future is up in the air, or ether, or virtual landscape; and my own “footprint” there and social media in general is micro-whatever, lol! — it’s still my micro existence, and I want to care for it best I can 😊
- May 11, 2022 – Reblog / Review : Joan Mitchell, “I carry my landscapes around with me” – #Polyptychs…my reading of Joan Mitchell’s work – while often including much of that same connection, speaks more directly to me about the impact of the canvas before me in that process. Especially most specifically in regard to Joan’s work with multi-panel / multi-canvas works of art – ie, polyptychs!
- May 10, 2022 – BW Impressionist Abstract 1, Completed!A few posts back, about a new diptych in-progress, Freedom, in the 2nd 1/2 of the post, I mentioned having another in-progress work, BW Impressionist Abstract 1, that the 9 year old ( our youngest grandchild ) said he really liked, but wanted more “gold” in it, and pointed out where & how much more gold paint 😊 So I took him at his word & did the changes –
- May 09, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, 2nd Time This Year My Top 3 Most Viewed Images Are Photographs!Part of what I find fascinating about this posting’s top 3 viewed of my images at Fine Art America, is that all 3 are BW, or mostly so! As fascinating is I’ve also had a series of intermittent paintings of featuring mostly dark tones, even some with gold tones, like as seen in Bridge into the Night above. Among them have been —
Thanks again, everyone! 😊