Sheila and I started the day with a fitness class with Curt, trainer turned SilverSneakers balance instructor 😊 Though I’m one of the youngest folks in our class, the others are the examples everyone needs to know it’s worth it! 💕
Above is a wonderful memory picture my wife put up early this morning on her FB page. I commented I even had hair then & my brother said he was pretty sure it was a rug, lol! 😂 Well, I may (have) lost a lot of my hair, but I’ve also lost a lot of the weight from back then. And actually, in 1990, I went on to gain more weight til 2005 or so, when I finally started turning things back around 😊
And, if anyone’s curious, Sheila still has that sparkle in her eyes ♥️
The first family meal, outdoors, socially distanced from other folks, since the beginning of the pandemic! Birthday youngest girl, Tania, w/youngest grandchild, Max, flanked by my wife Sheila and oldest granddaughter, Scout. My son’s beside me, in the dark blue t – I know, hard to tell us apart, ie, which is the old guy (me) lol! 😏 It was a true blessing to even be able to do this small gathering w/winter weather coming, the virus rising, and, yes, the years passing by. As Max, age 7, says – “70 is a big number!” ❤️
Stay well everyone!
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
- May 14, 2022 – My 1st Classical Stretch Workout with Miranda Esmonde-White ( via YouTube ) in Many Months!Though similar to SilverSneakers’ classes, Miranda’s classes focus largely on making the fascia network in our bodies more fluid. Some movements are very similar, but more extended, dance-like, reflecting Miranda’s ballerina and dance background!
- May 13, 2022 – “Angel” in AVAA’s 1st Austin Art Space Gallery and Studio Group Show in a Long Time!Just a very quick post to announce that my 18×24 inch acrylic on stretched canvas, Angel – has been accepted into Austin Visual Arts Association’s ( AVAA) 1st group show since ( I believe ) the pandemic. Definitely been a long time coming and feels great to be able to be showing with this long time Austin art association again! 😊
- May 12, 2022 – Updated My #Twitter Header Image and Pinned TweetThough Twitter’s future is up in the air, or ether, or virtual landscape; and my own “footprint” there and social media in general is micro-whatever, lol! — it’s still my micro existence, and I want to care for it best I can 😊
- May 11, 2022 – Reblog / Review : Joan Mitchell, “I carry my landscapes around with me” – #Polyptychs…my reading of Joan Mitchell’s work – while often including much of that same connection, speaks more directly to me about the impact of the canvas before me in that process. Especially most specifically in regard to Joan’s work with multi-panel / multi-canvas works of art – ie, polyptychs!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊