Easily one of the best investments for our time and enjoyment my wife and I have made for both leisure time (tv programming, music) and educational (art & other YouTube videos) enjoyment at home 💕
Quick note first, editions for TV’s in general, what with all the amazing technology upgrades, we’ve found, constantly change! So I’m using my general Fire TV search on Amazon, as our current TV, only a year old, with nearly 4000 good ratings, is already unavailable! The good thing is, we had a tough time choosing which TV to begin with because there are so many good affordable choices!
We hadn’t gotten a new TV for “many” years, and so our view (literally 😊) of how our relatively new Fire TV looks and sounds may be a bit more biased than otherwise, lol!
So first off, our subjective review based on our previous TV viewing experiences –
- Picture is outstanding clearer, yet not cut-out fake 3D looking
- “Much” richer yet still slightly soft colors – very pleasing
- Easily discernible colors and depth in the shadows!
- More encompassing sound
- Big! 😊
Alexa is of course available and I’m pretty sure wife and I’ve only scratched the surface of what we can do. Our 7 year old grandson on the other hand, is a mini-Spock or Captain Kirk manning the household’s spaceship TV ❤️
Most everything we want to do (and know about) with our new Fire TV is wireless (built-in)
- Internet hookup to Google Fiber
- Antenna for over the air broadcast channel capture
- Receive network TV shows (including PBS, ABC etc) from our new Amazon Recast box wirelessly (I’ll be reviewing our Recast box in another article, but beats paying for Cable easily!)
- Easy wireless reception of subscription programs directly through Amazon Prime such as (our fav) Acorn TV (the page for Acorn TV has “lots” of programs we’ve seen or are watching, some of which I’ve reviewed and are noted further below)
- Easily watch tons of movies (many free) with great picture and sound 😊
And, small but significantly, we saved money and gain convenience via having Amazon’s most up-to-date Fire TV remote included with our Fire TV.
Additionally, since we get our add-on subscriptions, like Acorn TV, via Amazon Prime, it’s easy to call and get assistance about getting the programming to work easier. Very valuable for us 70 year olds, lol!
I know there’s more good things I can say we both like with our Fire TV and will update as things come to me. Bottom line is we’re very pleased!
Plus, we later found out later our tech savvy son has had Fire TVs (yes, plural 😏) for “many” years, lol! 💕 I truly think he was a bit amazed we (sorta) caught up! ☺️
Thanks so much everyone! Enjoy! 😊
My Searches 😊
My Amazon Affiliate Blog Review series –
My general Amazon search for smart tv’s –
My general Amazon search for Prime Video Movies –
My TV show review blog posts –
My move review blog posts
My general Amazon search for Prime Video Channels –
Acorn TV via Prime Video –
About My Amazon 2020 Affiliate Blog Post Series
My goal is to feature items from a variety of categories – art of course, but food (important during the pandemic), clothing, household items, plants/planting, and really anything my wife and/or I have gotten, liked, and can recommend directly ❤️
I don’t have a posting schedule planned, more of an “as able.”
With working to stay healthy (exercise, sleep, good eating!), enjoying creating art, and family, my blogging is very “as able” lol!
If you have a question about a product I feature in this series, please feel free to comment & I’ll do my best to try and answer or point you where one might find more info.
Thanks so much everyone! Enjoy the holidays! Moderation may be a bit easier this season than usual at least ☺️ so stay healthy! Be creative, and enjoy!
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
Acorn TV & Cord Cutter Items 😊
Painting & Art Instruction Books
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
- May 14, 2022 – My 1st Classical Stretch Workout with Miranda Esmonde-White ( via YouTube ) in Many Months!Though similar to SilverSneakers’ classes, Miranda’s classes focus largely on making the fascia network in our bodies more fluid. Some movements are very similar, but more extended, dance-like, reflecting Miranda’s ballerina and dance background!
- May 13, 2022 – “Angel” in AVAA’s 1st Austin Art Space Gallery and Studio Group Show in a Long Time!Just a very quick post to announce that my 18×24 inch acrylic on stretched canvas, Angel – has been accepted into Austin Visual Arts Association’s ( AVAA) 1st group show since ( I believe ) the pandemic. Definitely been a long time coming and feels great to be able to be showing with this long time Austin art association again! 😊
- May 12, 2022 – Updated My #Twitter Header Image and Pinned TweetThough Twitter’s future is up in the air, or ether, or virtual landscape; and my own “footprint” there and social media in general is micro-whatever, lol! — it’s still my micro existence, and I want to care for it best I can 😊
- May 11, 2022 – Reblog / Review : Joan Mitchell, “I carry my landscapes around with me” – #Polyptychs…my reading of Joan Mitchell’s work – while often including much of that same connection, speaks more directly to me about the impact of the canvas before me in that process. Especially most specifically in regard to Joan’s work with multi-panel / multi-canvas works of art – ie, polyptychs!
- May 10, 2022 – BW Impressionist Abstract 1, Completed!A few posts back, about a new diptych in-progress, Freedom, in the 2nd 1/2 of the post, I mentioned having another in-progress work, BW Impressionist Abstract 1, that the 9 year old ( our youngest grandchild ) said he really liked, but wanted more “gold” in it, and pointed out where & how much more gold paint 😊 So I took him at his word & did the changes –
- May 09, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, 2nd Time This Year My Top 3 Most Viewed Images Are Photographs!Part of what I find fascinating about this posting’s top 3 viewed of my images at Fine Art America, is that all 3 are BW, or mostly so! As fascinating is I’ve also had a series of intermittent paintings of featuring mostly dark tones, even some with gold tones, like as seen in Bridge into the Night above. Among them have been —
Thanks again, everyone! 😊