Easily one of the best investments for our time and enjoyment my wife and I have made for both leisure time (tv programming, music) and educational (art & other YouTube videos) enjoyment at home 💕
Quick note first, editions for TV’s in general, what with all the amazing technology upgrades, we’ve found, constantly change! So I’m using my general Fire TV search on Amazon, as our current TV, only a year old, with nearly 4000 good ratings, is already unavailable! The good thing is, we had a tough time choosing which TV to begin with because there are so many good affordable choices!
We hadn’t gotten a new TV for “many” years, and so our view (literally 😊) of how our relatively new Fire TV looks and sounds may be a bit more biased than otherwise, lol!
So first off, our subjective review based on our previous TV viewing experiences –
- Picture is outstanding clearer, yet not cut-out fake 3D looking
- “Much” richer yet still slightly soft colors – very pleasing
- Easily discernible colors and depth in the shadows!
- More encompassing sound
- Big! 😊
Alexa is of course available and I’m pretty sure wife and I’ve only scratched the surface of what we can do. Our 7 year old grandson on the other hand, is a mini-Spock or Captain Kirk manning the household’s spaceship TV ❤️
Most everything we want to do (and know about) with our new Fire TV is wireless (built-in)
- Internet hookup to Google Fiber
- Antenna for over the air broadcast channel capture
- Receive network TV shows (including PBS, ABC etc) from our new Amazon Recast box wirelessly (I’ll be reviewing our Recast box in another article, but beats paying for Cable easily!)
- Easy wireless reception of subscription programs directly through Amazon Prime such as (our fav) Acorn TV (the page for Acorn TV has “lots” of programs we’ve seen or are watching, some of which I’ve reviewed and are noted further below)
- Easily watch tons of movies (many free) with great picture and sound 😊
And, small but significantly, we saved money and gain convenience via having Amazon’s most up-to-date Fire TV remote included with our Fire TV.
Additionally, since we get our add-on subscriptions, like Acorn TV, via Amazon Prime, it’s easy to call and get assistance about getting the programming to work easier. Very valuable for us 70 year olds, lol!
I know there’s more good things I can say we both like with our Fire TV and will update as things come to me. Bottom line is we’re very pleased!
Plus, we later found out later our tech savvy son has had Fire TVs (yes, plural 😏) for “many” years, lol! 💕 I truly think he was a bit amazed we (sorta) caught up! ☺️
Thanks so much everyone! Enjoy! 😊
My Searches 😊
My Amazon Affiliate Blog Review series –
My general Amazon search for smart tv’s –
My general Amazon search for Prime Video Movies –
My TV show review blog posts –
My move review blog posts
My general Amazon search for Prime Video Channels –
Acorn TV via Prime Video –
About My Amazon 2020 Affiliate Blog Post Series
My goal is to feature items from a variety of categories – art of course, but food (important during the pandemic), clothing, household items, plants/planting, and really anything my wife and/or I have gotten, liked, and can recommend directly ❤️
I don’t have a posting schedule planned, more of an “as able.”
With working to stay healthy (exercise, sleep, good eating!), enjoying creating art, and family, my blogging is very “as able” lol!
If you have a question about a product I feature in this series, please feel free to comment & I’ll do my best to try and answer or point you where one might find more info.
Thanks so much everyone! Enjoy the holidays! Moderation may be a bit easier this season than usual at least ☺️ so stay healthy! Be creative, and enjoy!
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
Acorn TV & Cord Cutter Items 😊
Painting & Art Instruction Books
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
- July 28, 2021 – New 25×40 #Acrylic on Canvas In-Progress : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerA chore heat filled day where my keyboard evidently is deciding it’s had it, lol! Hopefully I finish this post 😊 Basically I started the groundwork for my newest painting, acrylic, wanting to settle on my composition before hand, unlike how I handled my just finished watercolor, same size, where I inserted my figure at the end.
- July 27, 2021 – 4 Weeks Running! My Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, Summer is a Lady : #Watercolor on Paper #ContemporaryImpressionismI’m sure I’ve had images repeat as most viewed 4 times in a row, but I wasn’t paying as much attention to that as I try to nowadays 😊 Summer is a Lady continues to simmer atop my selection of photos and artwork and illustrated poetry ♥️
- July 26, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New #Watercolor on Canvas Completed : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerI just took another look at my newly completed painting (above) to try for some settled sentiment I can include for my post, and I do have that – some settled sentiment. I’m still digesting and assimilating what this new work means to me. Though I know it’s incomplete, because I also know this work is more a conscious marker of where I want to head, and feel compelled to head toward, I do have a grasp enough to point out some things that are making themselves more known to me.
- July 25, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New Watercolor on Canvas in-progress, Developing the Right Figure to AddAs you can tell from my top pic, my efforts to progress from my value study and digital studies below are not going great, lol! I take solace from several things —
- July 24, 2021 – My Newest Poster Upload @FineArtAmerica – Barton Springs Greenbelt Austin Rocks at the Flats PosterYesterday posting about my resuming progress on a new watercolor on canvas (with absorbent ground) via beginning a study process for adding a figure to the nearly finished work, I mentioned I’d spent my 1st time at the nearby greenbelt in nearly 2 weeks! It was a pristine morning, warm, sunny, lightly breezy, and hardly crowded at all – in other words : wonderful! 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊