What a really neat half hour experience!
Most I’ve felt I was in a real class, but live via my iPad, lol!
Jenny, the instructor, carried all the energy and humor and relatedness that can only be found in a live class, and only surpassed by a live class of the same caliber teacher but with equally real time feedback to the participants in the class.
Sheila says there’ll be another live stream next week. I looked it up and it’s this coming Monday, March 23rd, at 10:30 Central Standard Time.
Plus, SilverSneakers has a link to replay of today’s event –
In addition, there’s hundreds of on-demand classes on their site, at –
If you’re ever interested in their certification programs (Sheila & I were certified back in 2010), I wrote a few posts about them way back smile. And of course I’ve written & reblogged many times since about this wonderful group –
My SilverSneakers posts
I’ve been catching more and more posts promoting being or becoming positive in heart & spirit during our present day virus crisis and all its attendant challenges on our hopes and well being.
This particular one my wife told me about. Being that all our gym resources for us here in Austin have closed for the time being in just the last few days, including even the small fitness rooms here where we live, it’s great that so many, like The Y and Gold’s Gym – and SilverSneakers – have begun providing apps and online alternatives.
At a time when so many resources are being curtailed, and much needed other health resources are just beginning to be provided, it’s good, and very welcome, that such a solid standby for seniors as SilverSneakers is providing this. Though obviously similar to recorded classes online or on DVD, that particular event is scheduled to be live, is frankly, really nice. I look forward to seeing if I feel a real difference vs recorded workouts.
It’s wonderful so many groups are banding to help folks out in this time of international crisis.
I was doing a quick morning walk today and speaking with another senior about all the stores setting seniors’ only hours one or more days a week to shop, and a young lady who’s work closed up yesterday came by, extremely worried, and I said, each generation is imprinted by something, whether huge (WWII, the Vietnam War) or seemingly small (the start of Greed is Good in the late 70s, early 80s), and this virus crisis will be her generation’s imprint.
Just as many of us learned that unjust or unnecessary wars (and not all are unnecessary) destroy and imprison a nation, many are learning now that self-initiative gone rampant into unbridled greed that prevents the ability to live, is equally as destructive.
These are good kids (even if they are over 18 ❤️ and near as old as me, lol!) I have no doubt they will move into the future, much of which I won’t see, with an even greater appreciation of other people and our planet than us old ex-hippies saw 😊
I hope to get to see some of that take shape, and my wife and I will do our part to stay healthy, interact, and be useful.
But we truly are all in this together 💕
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Happy 4th of July 2020! 🇺🇸We will surely make it through these times as we have other pandemics, wars, and establishing and keeping our democratic republic ❤️ Below are several sayings I feel go to the core of my feelings about our country, America 💕
- Aging Gracefully – Through Covid-19 – New Paris Paintings In-Progress: Lady in Paris 1889, Paris Arm Chair ViewNew Paris Paintings I want to have been finished with these two, lol! But they’ve needed little touches. The larger piece (20×20), Lady in Paris 1889, a true acrylic watercolor mix (a little more on that below) has needed tiny tiny touches to “unflatten” it so to speak. While the smaller 6×6 piece has needed quite a few varnish layers as the surface is too shiny in places and very matte in others. Anyone with suggestions re the latter please comment! 😊
- Aging Gracefully – During Covid-19 – SilverSneakers Stability Class at Gold’s Gym with Curt HollandRecently I uploaded a SilverSneakers stability class post, talked a little about how good the class was, both in terms of social distancing and the instructor, but hadn’t been able to get some pics – but now I have! 😊
- Aging Gracefully – During Covid-19 – The Earth is a Garden: My Most Viewed Image this Week @FineArtAmerica June 2020I’ve been uploading my paintings since starting watercoloring (late Dec ‘19) recently by completed progression, with The Earth is a Garden one of the more recent. It’s a very pleasant surprise seeing it garnish this much attention vs some of the others I thought my be stronger received. One really never knows, which is just as well, lol! Getting most views for the week, even as a temporary phenomenon, is worth perking up to 😊
- Aging Gracefully – During Covid-19 – Gardening our Balcony: Bird on Camera! ❤️Just a very quick update post w/pics Sheila caught of one of her suitors, uh, bird visitors 😊
- Aging Gracefully – During Covid-19 – Gardening our Balcony: New Bird Bath and Feeder 🐦 😊Some things are old, some new, some we got, some either our son or youngest girl and the grandson’ve given us, but nature accommodates most things in the wild, and luckily, so far, on our balcony 😊
- Aging Gracefully – During Covid-19 – Austin Covid-19 Warning re Hospital Bed Capacity by Mid-July 2020Austin has quickly reached a crossroads of choices that may or may not prevent the city and area from having to shut down again.
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html