What a really neat half hour experience!
Most I’ve felt I was in a real class, but live via my iPad, lol!
Jenny, the instructor, carried all the energy and humor and relatedness that can only be found in a live class, and only surpassed by a live class of the same caliber teacher but with equally real time feedback to the participants in the class.
Sheila says there’ll be another live stream next week. I looked it up and it’s this coming Monday, March 23rd, at 10:30 Central Standard Time.
Plus, SilverSneakers has a link to replay of today’s event –
In addition, there’s hundreds of on-demand classes on their site, at –
If you’re ever interested in their certification programs (Sheila & I were certified back in 2010), I wrote a few posts about them way back smile. And of course I’ve written & reblogged many times since about this wonderful group –
My SilverSneakers posts
I’ve been catching more and more posts promoting being or becoming positive in heart & spirit during our present day virus crisis and all its attendant challenges on our hopes and well being.
This particular one my wife told me about. Being that all our gym resources for us here in Austin have closed for the time being in just the last few days, including even the small fitness rooms here where we live, it’s great that so many, like The Y and Gold’s Gym – and SilverSneakers – have begun providing apps and online alternatives.
At a time when so many resources are being curtailed, and much needed other health resources are just beginning to be provided, it’s good, and very welcome, that such a solid standby for seniors as SilverSneakers is providing this. Though obviously similar to recorded classes online or on DVD, that particular event is scheduled to be live, is frankly, really nice. I look forward to seeing if I feel a real difference vs recorded workouts.
It’s wonderful so many groups are banding to help folks out in this time of international crisis.
I was doing a quick morning walk today and speaking with another senior about all the stores setting seniors’ only hours one or more days a week to shop, and a young lady who’s work closed up yesterday came by, extremely worried, and I said, each generation is imprinted by something, whether huge (WWII, the Vietnam War) or seemingly small (the start of Greed is Good in the late 70s, early 80s), and this virus crisis will be her generation’s imprint.
Just as many of us learned that unjust or unnecessary wars (and not all are unnecessary) destroy and imprison a nation, many are learning now that self-initiative gone rampant into unbridled greed that prevents the ability to live, is equally as destructive.
These are good kids (even if they are over 18 ❤️ and near as old as me, lol!) I have no doubt they will move into the future, much of which I won’t see, with an even greater appreciation of other people and our planet than us old ex-hippies saw 😊
I hope to get to see some of that take shape, and my wife and I will do our part to stay healthy, interact, and be useful.
But we truly are all in this together 💕
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
- November 06, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Arc de ( d’Nuit ) Triomphe Poster ” : Image Circa 2012, Poster 2017Once again one of my poster designs was my most viewed image from among my listings for prints and gifts on Fine Art America….
- October 30, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Volleyball Kill Poster” : circa 1994 ( writing ) / 2021 ( poster design )Another of my sayings / posters made it as my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America this past week, Volleyball Kill, which I wrote in the early 90s….
- October 24, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Danseur en Bleu” : circa 2022Quite an unexpected treat to see my newest painting, Danseur en Bleu, it’s 1st week on Fine Art America, be my most viewed of my images for the past week!
- October 23, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 9 – #Inflation and Our 2022 Mid-Term Election to Keep/Improve Our #Democracy…while true that any price guidelines / control can be a slippery slope, we also already know price gouging has easily done slipped-slid-and-sunk into its own quicksand of problems….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html