What a really neat half hour experience!
Most I’ve felt I was in a real class, but live via my iPad, lol!
Jenny, the instructor, carried all the energy and humor and relatedness that can only be found in a live class, and only surpassed by a live class of the same caliber teacher but with equally real time feedback to the participants in the class.
Sheila says there’ll be another live stream next week. I looked it up and it’s this coming Monday, March 23rd, at 10:30 Central Standard Time.
Plus, SilverSneakers has a link to replay of today’s event –
In addition, there’s hundreds of on-demand classes on their site, at –
If you’re ever interested in their certification programs (Sheila & I were certified back in 2010), I wrote a few posts about them way back smile. And of course I’ve written & reblogged many times since about this wonderful group –
My SilverSneakers posts
I’ve been catching more and more posts promoting being or becoming positive in heart & spirit during our present day virus crisis and all its attendant challenges on our hopes and well being.
This particular one my wife told me about. Being that all our gym resources for us here in Austin have closed for the time being in just the last few days, including even the small fitness rooms here where we live, it’s great that so many, like The Y and Gold’s Gym – and SilverSneakers – have begun providing apps and online alternatives.
At a time when so many resources are being curtailed, and much needed other health resources are just beginning to be provided, it’s good, and very welcome, that such a solid standby for seniors as SilverSneakers is providing this. Though obviously similar to recorded classes online or on DVD, that particular event is scheduled to be live, is frankly, really nice. I look forward to seeing if I feel a real difference vs recorded workouts.
It’s wonderful so many groups are banding to help folks out in this time of international crisis.
I was doing a quick morning walk today and speaking with another senior about all the stores setting seniors’ only hours one or more days a week to shop, and a young lady who’s work closed up yesterday came by, extremely worried, and I said, each generation is imprinted by something, whether huge (WWII, the Vietnam War) or seemingly small (the start of Greed is Good in the late 70s, early 80s), and this virus crisis will be her generation’s imprint.
Just as many of us learned that unjust or unnecessary wars (and not all are unnecessary) destroy and imprison a nation, many are learning now that self-initiative gone rampant into unbridled greed that prevents the ability to live, is equally as destructive.
These are good kids (even if they are over 18 ❤️ and near as old as me, lol!) I have no doubt they will move into the future, much of which I won’t see, with an even greater appreciation of other people and our planet than us old ex-hippies saw 😊
I hope to get to see some of that take shape, and my wife and I will do our part to stay healthy, interact, and be useful.
But we truly are all in this together 💕
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Aging Through Covid-19, April 01, 2020Line to the register had the now familiar blue tape line social distancing markers for the mandate Austin put in weeks ago – back way back, early March, when SXSW was cancelled amid mixed (but now grateful) reviews. And, no one in line! Lucky us – by the time we were barely half way checked out we had 3+ people waiting behind us at the various blue strips of tape.
- Aging Through Covid-19, March 31, 2020My walking, which was beginning to suffer because of pain in my legs, esp at night, has been incredibly helped by some simple shin splits stretches. The hardest part is holding the stretch for 30 seconds, lol!
- Aging Through Covid-19, March 30, 2020Though generally healthy, but in the target age group for most vulnerable, Sheila and I had early on began practicing social distancing. We also ate well, better even. More veggies. More sleep – can’t tell you what a blessing that’s been for me, lol! 😊
- New SilverSneakers Exercise Streaming Opportunity on Facebook Monday 03.23.20 10:30 CSTI’m glad SilverSneakers has already added/scheduled a followup to this week’s initial live class stream – very much looking forward to it! 💕
- Update / Review : SilverSneakers Exercise Streaming Opportunity on Facebook Thursday 03.19.20Jenny, the instructor, carried all the energy and humor and relatedness that can only be found in a live class, and only surpassed by a live class of the same caliber teacher but with equally real time feedback to the participants in the class.
- SilverSneakers Exercise Streaming Opportunity on Facebook Thursday 03.19.20At a time when so many resources are being curtailed, and much needed other health resources are just beginning to be provided, it’s good, and very welcome, that such a solid standby for seniors as SilverSneakers is providing this.
- Flowering at Dawn – New Watercolor with Absorbent Ground Painting Progress Update 03.13.20 Plus Thoughts on the Virus Crisis 😊Having interests, passions even, one can pursue, and let’s say pursue relatively easily, is important for everyone, but especially, I think, for young children and for older adults. I’ll let each person decide what an older adult, or a young child, lol, is, age-wise 💕
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html