Just a quick recap of things going on in our lives here in Austin as Sheila and I continue to adjust, adapt, and age through the changes created & necessitated by Covid-19.
Our mayor, along with both many Republican and Democrat mayors here in Texas, joined to, well, enjoin our governor to allow them individual authority to require needed measures to curtail the exploding number of not only covid cases, but more importantly, the number of hospital admissions and ICU beds being used.
Mayor Adler has a great Facebook page with tons of ongoing Austin Covid related info.
Part of most of the big city mayors’ concern has been the lack of ability to enforce universal mask wearing inside stores, and like in today’s case for Sheila and myself, fitness centers and gyms.
Today (Friday) we went to our 1st in-person SilverSneakers yoga class at Gold’s Gym in about 3 months! Reminds me of going back to class there after one of my surgeries last summer!
Social distancing was “very” good, with class (usually 35-50 seniors) limited to 15! With distances between participants marked out to about 15’ spacing, nice!
But, masks, though recommended, were not required. Now with the Texas mayors’ new authority, starting next week (Tuesday I think), everyone in Austin inside gyms and grocery stores etc will be required to wear them.
Well. I’ve tried 3 times over the last hour to do this one last section, once via Safari, and now via FireFox, and all my saves, will not save. I’m tired. It’s nearly 11. I’ll have to let this go, really need my rest. No idea what’s going on with WordPress and/or my iPad tonight, lol!
Bottomline, we cut the cord recently, and are enjoying lot’s of great mysteries via Acorn TV on our new Fire TV, including Brokenwood mysteries, pictured top of the post with other Acorn TV choices. Wish I could provide you more links, but they just won’t save. Very weird.
Hope to have some running reviews of these shows we’ve begun watching soon 😊
Gonna let this go & see if it’ll even publish tonight
Goodnight everyone! Stay well ❤️
My Aging Gracefully, Covid-19 series –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
Brokenwood Mysteries (New Zealand) – Queens of Mystery (UK) – Murdock Mysteries (Canada)
Acorn TV – https://amzn.to/3fT3DD4
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.7.2“In July he began cutting mats and foam board for the prints, planning and finishing small works easier to sell, and securing a December booth at a nearby regional mall.“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.7.1“One more Christmas season rolled past them, as the spent the holidays visiting their children or having them back home for festive meals and teasing each other about their varied plans.“
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 16 – Creativity and Awareness in Yoga, Uploaded 04.11.16“My previous post in this series of my uploads to Fine Art America since early 2016, was also a strongly developed digital creation, but Creativity and Awareness in Yoga was the last of works I developed with as much interlacing of images and dimensions.“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.6.1“They sat side by side in the booth, talking about their family, the weather….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.5.1“Much like art, Arturo thought to himself, walking up the stone-touched step way to a nearby church where they taught other seniors, yes, produce from the heart….”
- Tweets That Caught My Eye on Twitter – Tina @Tina69911364 #LyricLandscape“Tina’s sharing of impressionist painter Richard Schmid’s image, plus Patricia Hampl’s evocative words, strikes a deep chord in me.“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.4.1“Their exhausted satisfaction with their day at the art festival, left Rosetta and Arturo surprisingly wanting, needing, their own personal exhaustion, with each other.“
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html