Just a quick recap of things going on in our lives here in Austin as Sheila and I continue to adjust, adapt, and age through the changes created & necessitated by Covid-19.
Our mayor, along with both many Republican and Democrat mayors here in Texas, joined to, well, enjoin our governor to allow them individual authority to require needed measures to curtail the exploding number of not only covid cases, but more importantly, the number of hospital admissions and ICU beds being used.
Mayor Adler has a great Facebook page with tons of ongoing Austin Covid related info.
Part of most of the big city mayors’ concern has been the lack of ability to enforce universal mask wearing inside stores, and like in today’s case for Sheila and myself, fitness centers and gyms.
Today (Friday) we went to our 1st in-person SilverSneakers yoga class at Gold’s Gym in about 3 months! Reminds me of going back to class there after one of my surgeries last summer!
Social distancing was “very” good, with class (usually 35-50 seniors) limited to 15! With distances between participants marked out to about 15’ spacing, nice!
But, masks, though recommended, were not required. Now with the Texas mayors’ new authority, starting next week (Tuesday I think), everyone in Austin inside gyms and grocery stores etc will be required to wear them.
Well. I’ve tried 3 times over the last hour to do this one last section, once via Safari, and now via FireFox, and all my saves, will not save. I’m tired. It’s nearly 11. I’ll have to let this go, really need my rest. No idea what’s going on with WordPress and/or my iPad tonight, lol!
Bottomline, we cut the cord recently, and are enjoying lot’s of great mysteries via Acorn TV on our new Fire TV, including Brokenwood mysteries, pictured top of the post with other Acorn TV choices. Wish I could provide you more links, but they just won’t save. Very weird.
Hope to have some running reviews of these shows we’ve begun watching soon 😊
Gonna let this go & see if it’ll even publish tonight
Goodnight everyone! Stay well ❤️
My Aging Gracefully, Covid-19 series –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
Brokenwood Mysteries (New Zealand) – Queens of Mystery (UK) – Murdock Mysteries (Canada)
Acorn TV – https://amzn.to/3fT3DD4
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.11“Maybe now, in my sixties, he thought, my days are like weeks now….”
- The Old American Artist by Felipe Adan Lerma – Twitter Excerpt SeriesLooking back at older work, like my 80s acrylics or 2000s water soluble oils, can be lots of things : sobering 😂 and, when I spot patterns of motifs or preferences in my work, very helpful for me, enabling me to see enduring patterns of interests. The same, it turns out, even with its own variations, is true for other art forms I’ve worked out most my life, like writing, whether patterns of expression and beliefs within my blog posts, or, in the case of The Old American Artist – a semi-autobiographical literally fiction-like novella, connections right back to my most enduring focus. Art ❤️
- My Return to Regular Pricing @FineArtAmerica July 2020It’s been a few months since I started my $1 pricing markup experiment on Fine Art America. It was a worthwhile experiment, where I was hoping to generate more interest in my work in general, plus rack up a few low profit but visibility expanding sales 😊
- Aging Gracefully – Through Covid-19 – New Paris Painting In-Progress: Lady in Paris 1889, Details One Week ApartI’ve worked on Lady in Paris 1889 in-between some smaller watercolor (vs acrylic pieces), though a lot of the new touches to this work have been watercolor paint w/matte acrylic medium, basically making it an acrylic, but with some watercolor features, like the particular pigments I really wanted to use 😊
- Aging Gracefully – During Covid-19 – Update with SilverSneakers Stability Class at Gold’s Gym with Curt HollandLast week I post a more in-depth post, pictures & info, of the SilverSneakers Stability class Sheila and I take with Curt Holland at Gold’s Gym here in Austin, promising to update with a shot I thought I’d taken but, well, didn’t take, lol! That’s the shot above 😊
- Adan’s Movie/Cable TV Reviews – “Midnight in Paris” Viewed a Decade Later – Better Than I’d Realized – 5 Stars +Yet, familiar as it was, watching it again yesterday, half in the afternoon, the other half before bed (yeah, a luxury of both staying-home and being retired ❤️), remembering how enchanted we’d been seeing this together, ten years ago – it was like it was brand new again!
- Aging Gracefully – Through Covid-19 – Sold My 1st Face Mask, a Paris Mask! @FineArtAmerica!A quick post to announce & celebrate selling my first face mask! Special thanks to my buyer in Ohio! ❤️
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html