Just a quick recap of things going on in our lives here in Austin as Sheila and I continue to adjust, adapt, and age through the changes created & necessitated by Covid-19.
Our mayor, along with both many Republican and Democrat mayors here in Texas, joined to, well, enjoin our governor to allow them individual authority to require needed measures to curtail the exploding number of not only covid cases, but more importantly, the number of hospital admissions and ICU beds being used.
Mayor Adler has a great Facebook page with tons of ongoing Austin Covid related info.
Part of most of the big city mayors’ concern has been the lack of ability to enforce universal mask wearing inside stores, and like in today’s case for Sheila and myself, fitness centers and gyms.
Today (Friday) we went to our 1st in-person SilverSneakers yoga class at Gold’s Gym in about 3 months! Reminds me of going back to class there after one of my surgeries last summer!
Social distancing was “very” good, with class (usually 35-50 seniors) limited to 15! With distances between participants marked out to about 15’ spacing, nice!
But, masks, though recommended, were not required. Now with the Texas mayors’ new authority, starting next week (Tuesday I think), everyone in Austin inside gyms and grocery stores etc will be required to wear them.
Well. I’ve tried 3 times over the last hour to do this one last section, once via Safari, and now via FireFox, and all my saves, will not save. I’m tired. It’s nearly 11. I’ll have to let this go, really need my rest. No idea what’s going on with WordPress and/or my iPad tonight, lol!
Bottomline, we cut the cord recently, and are enjoying lot’s of great mysteries via Acorn TV on our new Fire TV, including Brokenwood mysteries, pictured top of the post with other Acorn TV choices. Wish I could provide you more links, but they just won’t save. Very weird.
Hope to have some running reviews of these shows we’ve begun watching soon 😊
Gonna let this go & see if it’ll even publish tonight
Goodnight everyone! Stay well ❤️
My Aging Gracefully, Covid-19 series –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
Brokenwood Mysteries (New Zealand) – Queens of Mystery (UK) – Murdock Mysteries (Canada)
Acorn TV – https://amzn.to/3fT3DD4
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 05, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Urban Forest Austin TexasAnother of my idea-searches for something at least relatively easy for me to post when I’d rather be painting, eating, sleeping, walking, or other random unrelated surprise opportunities the day might bring 😊
- May 05, 2021 – Lady in Paris 1889, My Newest #AcrylicPainting Upload @FineArtAmerica* I began Lady in Paris 1889 in July last year, nearly a year ago now, and am glad to say I reached a resolution of how I wanted it to look, or more to the point, how I wanted it to feel, and finally uploaded it to Fine Art America yesterday ♥️
- May 04, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Mountain CloudsAnother of my idea-searches for something at least relatively easy for me to post when I’d rather be painting, eating, sleeping, walking, or other random unrelated surprise opportunities the day might bring 😊
- May 04, 2021 – Volleyball Digger Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmericaQuick post to let folks know the 3rd of my seven Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Blocker, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items!
- May 03, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, 60s Style Mini-School BusAnother of my idea-searches for something at least relatively easy for me to post when I’d rather be painting, eating, sleeping, walking, or other random unrelated surprise opportunities the day might bring 😊
- May 03, 2021 – My Two Most Viewed Images This Week @FineArtAmerica, One Light, One Dark, One New, One Old, One Photo, One PaintingThere’s something especially nice when two of my images, each so distinct from the other, both come up nearly even in my most viewed count for the week at Fine Art America 💕
- May 02, 2021 – Contemplation Sunday : Moving During COVID-19, Exploring New Surroundings, Family, Art“Sunshine and higher temps broke out after nearly a week of slight to moderate rain and cloud cover…Like most things in life, the cooling off before the big heat of summer was a welcome relief, and the return of sunshine and ability to get around with slip-sliding was also. Variability, in some things, must be a good thing indeed! 😊 “
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html