Just a quick recap of things going on in our lives here in Austin as Sheila and I continue to adjust, adapt, and age through the changes created & necessitated by Covid-19.
Our mayor, along with both many Republican and Democrat mayors here in Texas, joined to, well, enjoin our governor to allow them individual authority to require needed measures to curtail the exploding number of not only covid cases, but more importantly, the number of hospital admissions and ICU beds being used.
Mayor Adler has a great Facebook page with tons of ongoing Austin Covid related info.
Part of most of the big city mayors’ concern has been the lack of ability to enforce universal mask wearing inside stores, and like in today’s case for Sheila and myself, fitness centers and gyms.
Today (Friday) we went to our 1st in-person SilverSneakers yoga class at Gold’s Gym in about 3 months! Reminds me of going back to class there after one of my surgeries last summer!
Social distancing was “very” good, with class (usually 35-50 seniors) limited to 15! With distances between participants marked out to about 15’ spacing, nice!
But, masks, though recommended, were not required. Now with the Texas mayors’ new authority, starting next week (Tuesday I think), everyone in Austin inside gyms and grocery stores etc will be required to wear them.
Well. I’ve tried 3 times over the last hour to do this one last section, once via Safari, and now via FireFox, and all my saves, will not save. I’m tired. It’s nearly 11. I’ll have to let this go, really need my rest. No idea what’s going on with WordPress and/or my iPad tonight, lol!
Bottomline, we cut the cord recently, and are enjoying lot’s of great mysteries via Acorn TV on our new Fire TV, including Brokenwood mysteries, pictured top of the post with other Acorn TV choices. Wish I could provide you more links, but they just won’t save. Very weird.
Hope to have some running reviews of these shows we’ve begun watching soon 😊
Gonna let this go & see if it’ll even publish tonight
Goodnight everyone! Stay well ❤️
My Aging Gracefully, Covid-19 series –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 20, 2022 – Will My New #Austin #Photography Poster, Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Join My Austin Pink Sunset Photo and Lou Neff Digital Art Poster in Sales?The question itself, whether Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt will match or join my currently selling best prints, is a question more of hope and companionship for my image of a truly usually bright spot in Austin, the system of greenbelts preserving the water that makes living here even possible ❤️
- May 19, 2022 – Hardest / Best Part of My Strength Class Recently – Releasing Myself a SmileIt’s nearing 8pm and I’m trying to apply an exercise lesson our online SilverSneakers instructor, Michelle, brought up a few times today – smile 😊
- May 18, 2022 – Places In or Near Austin Texas You Can See and Buy My Prints ( Art and Photography ) #PrimalGallery #OldBakery&EmporiumPrints have consistently out-sold my originals if for no other reasons than they are less expensive and usually have more items to choose from. Not bad reasons at all 😊 What I want to do now though is, begin to –
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
- May 14, 2022 – My 1st Classical Stretch Workout with Miranda Esmonde-White ( via YouTube ) in Many Months!Though similar to SilverSneakers’ classes, Miranda’s classes focus largely on making the fascia network in our bodies more fluid. Some movements are very similar, but more extended, dance-like, reflecting Miranda’s ballerina and dance background!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html