Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
Been a Bit Since I’ve Posted Much Anything About Our Covid-19 adjustments and challenges, my wife and I have just continued to clatter down the road of time, grabbing and doing the things we’re still able and allowed to do like two kids walking home from elementary school 😊
And it is very much like starting anew as children. Innocent of what lies ahead. Wiling to take the days as they come, picking up weird stones and smelling strange flowers along the way as we walk.
One of my sister’s mother-in-law passed away with Covid-19 this week. First close-hand person we’ve known die from this unnecessarily rampant virus in our lives. Wonderful lady, raised strong sons, including husband to my sister, raised several strong grandchildren. Polite. Astute. We will miss her.
Meanwhile, we await the impact of a rising 7 day moving average of hospitalizations here in Austin. Our vaunted convention center is being big-city (ala NY & other truly metropolitan areas – Austin’s a cowboy Willie Nelson soul being kicked into another role 😏 ) – refitted into overflow from our hospitals, and our public schools will delay in-person attendance for a minimum of three weeks to re-evaluate while resuming remote learning.
We, wife and I, continue to go to shrinking (less attended and smaller allowed number of participants) exercise classes at our gym. SilverSneakers’ motto has always been fit, fun, and fraternity. I never paid much attention to the last one. Took it mostly for granted, or not at the level of importance of fit of fun, lol! Wrong. There are folks in that class my wife has known for going on a decade now (she began going there couple years before me). And I can tell that several now miss me when I miss a class ❤️
And I continue to try to paint, blog, and upload new images.
Usually, to do any one of the latter three well, two of them have to ride in the back seat, at least for a bit 😊
In that vein I’ve kinda let blogging on the weekends go for now. And doing less posts, plus letting my artist novella Twitter excerpts carry the daily output.
It’s a fair compromise, for now.
And with temperatures in record to near record 100+ heat each day, Sheila and I’ve also shifted, somewhat reluctantly, lol, into walking “very” early in the morning, plus when possible at the gym’s indoor track, then bits and pieces of 5-10 walks inside the apartment. The 7 year old calls our place “the maze” – and we’re beginning to see the truth of that 😊
Stay well everyone! Stay active, healthy and creative 💕
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.18.1“One of the nicer things Arturo and Rosetta had learned from years of living in Galveston was the enjoyment of living near nature.“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.17.3“Senior classes, in general, were too non-stop, with little variety, and little information about how each routine benefited them. The idea seemed to be to….”
- Tweets That Caught My Eye on Twitter – Sarah Loft @SMaureneLoft #AbstractConstruction“I’ve watched and enjoyed and shared her work as she herself struggled with varying illnesses, never wavering in her commitment to both share hers and others’ work, plus remaining creative herself.“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.17.2“Trying various fitness classes meant an effort, together, to find a common ground again….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.17.1“The first days, when Arturo and Rosetta were once again together, meals especially, were exceptionally quiet….”
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 20 – Lit Like Stained Glass , Uploaded 04.13.16“Burlington, my wife’s home town in Vermont, is a very walkable city, and summers and early fall we’d often walk back at night from festivals and such….”
- Turned 70 Today – A Lot To Be Grateful For!“Plus… The first family meal, outdoors, socially distanced from other folks, since the beginning of the pandemic!”
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html