Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
Been a Bit Since I’ve Posted Much Anything About Our Covid-19 adjustments and challenges, my wife and I have just continued to clatter down the road of time, grabbing and doing the things we’re still able and allowed to do like two kids walking home from elementary school 😊
And it is very much like starting anew as children. Innocent of what lies ahead. Wiling to take the days as they come, picking up weird stones and smelling strange flowers along the way as we walk.
One of my sister’s mother-in-law passed away with Covid-19 this week. First close-hand person we’ve known die from this unnecessarily rampant virus in our lives. Wonderful lady, raised strong sons, including husband to my sister, raised several strong grandchildren. Polite. Astute. We will miss her.
Meanwhile, we await the impact of a rising 7 day moving average of hospitalizations here in Austin. Our vaunted convention center is being big-city (ala NY & other truly metropolitan areas – Austin’s a cowboy Willie Nelson soul being kicked into another role 😏 ) – refitted into overflow from our hospitals, and our public schools will delay in-person attendance for a minimum of three weeks to re-evaluate while resuming remote learning.
We, wife and I, continue to go to shrinking (less attended and smaller allowed number of participants) exercise classes at our gym. SilverSneakers’ motto has always been fit, fun, and fraternity. I never paid much attention to the last one. Took it mostly for granted, or not at the level of importance of fit of fun, lol! Wrong. There are folks in that class my wife has known for going on a decade now (she began going there couple years before me). And I can tell that several now miss me when I miss a class ❤️
And I continue to try to paint, blog, and upload new images.
Usually, to do any one of the latter three well, two of them have to ride in the back seat, at least for a bit 😊
In that vein I’ve kinda let blogging on the weekends go for now. And doing less posts, plus letting my artist novella Twitter excerpts carry the daily output.
It’s a fair compromise, for now.
And with temperatures in record to near record 100+ heat each day, Sheila and I’ve also shifted, somewhat reluctantly, lol, into walking “very” early in the morning, plus when possible at the gym’s indoor track, then bits and pieces of 5-10 walks inside the apartment. The 7 year old calls our place “the maze” – and we’re beginning to see the truth of that 😊
Stay well everyone! Stay active, healthy and creative 💕
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- June 19, 2021 – Reblog : 10 Ways To Observe #Juneteenth This Year (via Women’s Health)Reblog – Women’s Health, 10 Ways To Observe Juneteenth This Year
- June18, 2021 – What Makes Dappled Light Work? It Almost Always Looks Good!Being in and around a changing if steady light at the greenbelt near us has given me the visual impetus to actually think about something I’ve long liked in much of Renoir’s and other impressionists’ art work – dappled light.
- June 17, 2021 – Update for Delivering Art for the Reopening of The Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, TexasAlmost a month ago I posted pics of Sheila and I making our 1st visit in over a year to the Old Bakery & Emporium where I show and sell a variety of images and writings…One of the nicer surprise developments has been a request to offer prints of my 7 unit Volleyball series.
- June 16, 2021 – Interesting Tweets I’ve Spotted RecentlyBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
- June 15, 2021 – My New Upload @FineArtAmerica – Violet Crown Trail Morning (Digital Art) PosterThough most of my hikes to the Barton Springs Greenbelt nearby are still exploratory, even when taking the 8 year old along 😊, I am beginning to recognize when I need, and want, to be there.
- June 14, 2021 – Volleyball Server Poster, My Newest #SportsPoetry Upload @FineArtAmericaLast of my 7 Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Server Poster, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items! 😊
- June 13, 2021 – Austin Texas….on-going authentic aspects of Austin, Texas….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html