Though we still walk, mostly very early in the morning, before the 100+ degree heat index and 70+ dew point and humidity kick in, lol! – and I rely on Sheila’s fitness tracker for our steps, mine having konked out – and, we’ve had to give up going to classes at several of our preferred fitness centers (not just one of them), we have found an incredible array of short to very short to a little longer workouts via SilverSneakers, Facebook, and YouTube!
Most surprising as a near perfect fit for us are a series of routines via Miranda Esmonde-White, a former ballerina who suffered an injury then recovered by developing gentle movement routines, from beginner to advanced. We’re still at beginner 😊
Her work is available via PBS, YouTube, Facebook, DVDs, books, and streaming via her own website.
Me personally, what I like best about her routines is how they incorporate a smooth gentle dance like movement that incorporates the whole body – I love it! ❤️
Below I’ll list links to each of those places. There’s such a diversity of offerings and vehicles whereby they’re offered, it’s been fun exploring what works for myself and Sheila. We’re still not 100% sure ’cause we keep discovering more options! That’s a good problem 😊
I should also mention that Miranda often explains the “whys” of many of the movements, especially in relation to fascia and unifying our body into a more coherent whole.
Sheila and I, when we were a bit younger ☺️ had obtained certifications in yoga, Zumba & Zumba Gold, SilverSneakers, and group exercise; plus received national certifications via AFAA, a 6 month program (for us), and many of these concepts we 1st learned about there. They’re important, and very helpful in letting understand how our bodies work, and need to work!
I hope you’ll give Miranda’s options a look. There’s lots of free stuff, and of course courses and training etc.
- Website – https://essentrics.com/classical-stretch/
- Youtube – https://youtube.com/user/essentricsworkout
- FaceBook – https://www.facebook.com/miranda.esmondewhite
- PBS – https://www.pbs.org/search/?q=Miranda+Esmonde-White
- Amazon – https://amzn.to/3gytEe1
Though I’m impatient for the weather to end its usual summer marathon here in Austin, at lease Sheila and I have several good options thanks to FaceBook, Youtube, SilverSneakers and more. One of the blessings of the digital age 😊
Stay well everyone! When you can find a course of fitness and creatively that aligns with our soul and heart and mind, follow it and see where it takes you ♥️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “miranda esmonde-white aging backwards” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 17, 2022 – Art Delivery to Cypress Grill Austin for a Creative Arts Society Rotating Member ShowingI’m happy to post I’m placing my 1st piece of art work at a Creative Arts Society member venue in over a year and a half!
- January 16, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Fantasy Landscape – New 16×20 #LyricalAbstract #AcrylicPaintingFantasy Landscape is currently residing at the Old Bakery & Emporium in downtown Austin across from the Texas State Capital. It’s a super playful acrylic I didn’t realize would be “so much” a landscape as it turned out, lol! All part of the “discovery” process inside each artist, often call the landscape inside, probably in more senses than one, as Joan Mitchell has alluded to.
- January 15, 2022 – New 12×24 Inch #Acrylic Upload @FineArtAmerica – Blue Impressionist Abstract 1Third of my 3 uploaded acrylic color blocks, each 12×24 inches on gallery wrapped canvas, Blue gives me a triad of sorts, the other two paintings being red and yellow. A link to related blog posts is – https://felipeadanlerma.com/?s=Impressionist+abstract I’ve always like panoramas, even in my….
- January 14, 2022 – Painting + Capturing Photos of the Sides of 2 #ImpressionistAbstract Panoramas Accepted by Art for the People Gallery AustinA few posts ago I announced about my art audition for an upcoming show at Austin local gallery, Art for the People, and mentioned I’d had a couple of my Impressionist Abstract panoramas chosen! One, the red version, already had its sides painted, but the newer blue version didn’t, so I got to work right away. Like I tell folks who like hearing ’bout how I put these together, painting the sides almost always takes as long or longer than the painting! Why?
- January 13, 2022 – 2 New Works In-Progress : Good Conversation + Healthy Vines Happy Hearts – #AbstractPainting #LyricalAbstraction #TheAdjacentPossibleWasn’t sure what I wanted to paint this particular day, just really needed to 😊 I’ve been reading a creativity book, The Adjacent Possible; filled with good ideas, one of which emphasizes “just starting.” A concept the author calls zero to 1, which she explains is like this huge leap, from nothing, to something. She says it over and over, all different ways, and I understood it. First intellectually. Then emotionally. And today, physically.
- January 12, 2022 – Auditioned 3 Paintings at #ArtForThePeopleGallery, Snuck in 3 Unannounced Works, Got 4 of 6 Accepted!!!Well, I didn’t really “sneak” 3 additional works into my art audition at Art for the People Gallery here in Austin — but I did pack 3 extra pieces into my car & after they’d seen the 3 they’d asked to see, I asked them if they’d like to see some even newer work, basically blocks of color, with texture, that I had with me? And they said yes! The 3 they first asked to see….
- January 11, 2022 – Adan’s #ArtPoems / #PhotoPoems : Light is But Darkness Feeling…I’ve had a PhotoPoems / Photo Poems series of posts seems since near when I 1st started my blog, and was tempted to call this verse, for Angel, a PhotoPoem also. But even though I’ve a few posts tying poem and art work together, I don’t think that would be in the spirit of the thought behind the poems anymore. An art poem, I feel instinctively, is….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊