Barely a month ago, I posted about finally trying out SilverSneakers’ live online classes. They run 15 – 45 minutes in categories like strength, cardio, stretching, Zumba, Yoga, breathing, and much more!
If I was amazed then, how easy the classes are to do ( or even leave if & when needed, without disturbing others ), I’m really amazed now!
Some days some classes clock in with 1000+ live participants!
If an instructor has an equipment fail or other problem, SilverSneakers apparently has a backup instructor who can at least fill in impromptu on the spot!
Seated variations are usually cued in standing classes, and frequently quickly modeled for clarity. I esp need that right now ’cause of my plantar fasciitis “thing”, lol!
Cues to breathe ( inhale / exhale ) are frequently spoken with the movements.
Some instructors give wonderful visual cues with given movements, adding meaning and depth, not to mention just sheer plain enjoyment, to simple movements. Almost a visual meditation in movement!
I even heard an instructor cuing participants to hold their weights with a straight – not bent – wrist; one of only a handful of times since Sheila learned about this studying for our fitness certifications via AFAA over a decade ago we’ve ever heard this mentioned ( perky seniors we were, lol! )
My blog post on that issue, how and when to hold one’s wrists straight during exercise, with pics, titled “Hand-Wrist Positions with Prop Work – a Tidbit Post, # 1” – is from June 06, 2011 ☺️ I evidently thought about it well enough to include wrong & right positioning samples!
Guess which one this is below — 😊
I’ll try & post some links next time around to another early yet continuing topic of interest in my life – my early posts re creativity & yoga 🧘♀️
Meanwhile, below, just for more samples 😊 is another day’s beginning classes —
Classes are available during the day Mon-Sun, from early morning to early evening ‘cept weekends when there’s a shorter schedule.
I think what Sheila and I like best ( she does some classes I don’t / can’t ’cause of my foot injury ) is we can pick and choose classes that really appeal to us without driving in Austin traffic! Plus, registering and canceling classes very easily as needed.
What other folks seem to really enjoy, and we also think is great, is the instructors often hold over after class to answer questions submitted via the Chat option on the Zoom screen. Folks from all over the country! Folks wanting to learn, folks wanting to be heathy, folks taking control of their lives! Pretty darn amazing ❤️
Stay well everyone! This is a way you can exercise how you want, when you want, in the privacy of your home, with hundreds of others online!!! 😊 💕
my varied posts re SilverSneakers here on my site can be accessed via —
and my classes re Yoga, also here on my site, can be found via —
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Where You Can See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
- May 14, 2022 – My 1st Classical Stretch Workout with Miranda Esmonde-White ( via YouTube ) in Many Months!Though similar to SilverSneakers’ classes, Miranda’s classes focus largely on making the fascia network in our bodies more fluid. Some movements are very similar, but more extended, dance-like, reflecting Miranda’s ballerina and dance background!
- May 13, 2022 – “Angel” in AVAA’s 1st Austin Art Space Gallery and Studio Group Show in a Long Time!Just a very quick post to announce that my 18×24 inch acrylic on stretched canvas, Angel – has been accepted into Austin Visual Arts Association’s ( AVAA) 1st group show since ( I believe ) the pandemic. Definitely been a long time coming and feels great to be able to be showing with this long time Austin art association again! 😊
- May 12, 2022 – Updated My #Twitter Header Image and Pinned TweetThough Twitter’s future is up in the air, or ether, or virtual landscape; and my own “footprint” there and social media in general is micro-whatever, lol! — it’s still my micro existence, and I want to care for it best I can 😊
- May 11, 2022 – Reblog / Review : Joan Mitchell, “I carry my landscapes around with me” – #Polyptychs…my reading of Joan Mitchell’s work – while often including much of that same connection, speaks more directly to me about the impact of the canvas before me in that process. Especially most specifically in regard to Joan’s work with multi-panel / multi-canvas works of art – ie, polyptychs!
- May 10, 2022 – BW Impressionist Abstract 1, Completed!A few posts back, about a new diptych in-progress, Freedom, in the 2nd 1/2 of the post, I mentioned having another in-progress work, BW Impressionist Abstract 1, that the 9 year old ( our youngest grandchild ) said he really liked, but wanted more “gold” in it, and pointed out where & how much more gold paint 😊 So I took him at his word & did the changes –
Thanks again, everyone! 😊