Barely a month ago, I posted about finally trying out SilverSneakers’ live online classes. They run 15 – 45 minutes in categories like strength, cardio, stretching, Zumba, Yoga, breathing, and much more!
If I was amazed then, how easy the classes are to do ( or even leave if & when needed, without disturbing others ), I’m really amazed now!
Some days some classes clock in with 1000+ live participants!
If an instructor has an equipment fail or other problem, SilverSneakers apparently has a backup instructor who can at least fill in impromptu on the spot!
Seated variations are usually cued in standing classes, and frequently quickly modeled for clarity. I esp need that right now ’cause of my plantar fasciitis “thing”, lol!
Cues to breathe ( inhale / exhale ) are frequently spoken with the movements.
Some instructors give wonderful visual cues with given movements, adding meaning and depth, not to mention just sheer plain enjoyment, to simple movements. Almost a visual meditation in movement!
I even heard an instructor cuing participants to hold their weights with a straight – not bent – wrist; one of only a handful of times since Sheila learned about this studying for our fitness certifications via AFAA over a decade ago we’ve ever heard this mentioned ( perky seniors we were, lol! )
My blog post on that issue, how and when to hold one’s wrists straight during exercise, with pics, titled “Hand-Wrist Positions with Prop Work – a Tidbit Post, # 1” – is from June 06, 2011 ☺️ I evidently thought about it well enough to include wrong & right positioning samples!
Guess which one this is below — 😊
I’ll try & post some links next time around to another early yet continuing topic of interest in my life – my early posts re creativity & yoga 🧘♀️
Meanwhile, below, just for more samples 😊 is another day’s beginning classes —
Classes are available during the day Mon-Sun, from early morning to early evening ‘cept weekends when there’s a shorter schedule.
I think what Sheila and I like best ( she does some classes I don’t / can’t ’cause of my foot injury ) is we can pick and choose classes that really appeal to us without driving in Austin traffic! Plus, registering and canceling classes very easily as needed.
What other folks seem to really enjoy, and we also think is great, is the instructors often hold over after class to answer questions submitted via the Chat option on the Zoom screen. Folks from all over the country! Folks wanting to learn, folks wanting to be heathy, folks taking control of their lives! Pretty darn amazing ❤️
Stay well everyone! This is a way you can exercise how you want, when you want, in the privacy of your home, with hundreds of others online!!! 😊 💕
my varied posts re SilverSneakers here on my site can be accessed via —
and my classes re Yoga, also here on my site, can be found via —
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
- November 06, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Arc de ( d’Nuit ) Triomphe Poster ” : Image Circa 2012, Poster 2017Once again one of my poster designs was my most viewed image from among my listings for prints and gifts on Fine Art America….
- October 30, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Volleyball Kill Poster” : circa 1994 ( writing ) / 2021 ( poster design )Another of my sayings / posters made it as my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America this past week, Volleyball Kill, which I wrote in the early 90s….
- October 24, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Danseur en Bleu” : circa 2022Quite an unexpected treat to see my newest painting, Danseur en Bleu, it’s 1st week on Fine Art America, be my most viewed of my images for the past week!
- October 23, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 9 – #Inflation and Our 2022 Mid-Term Election to Keep/Improve Our #Democracy…while true that any price guidelines / control can be a slippery slope, we also already know price gouging has easily done slipped-slid-and-sunk into its own quicksand of problems….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊